Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Watercolour painting

(132 Posts)
Artiarticle123 Wed 03-Feb-16 11:40:31

Please let me know if you have an interest in watercolour painting. I have been painting for most of my life and find it a fabulous activity. x x x

Lovetopaint037 Sun 06-May-18 09:50:17

The sun is shining and I intend to sit in the garden and paint flowers, trees bushes or any interesting clumps of anything that needs highlighting. If your paper is 140 lbs or more you shouldn’t need any preparation like soaking. Years ago Alwyn Crawshaw said all he did was secure the sides with elastic bands or clips. I would also like to use acrylics but the sun is too hot. Oils are too much trouble to get ready.

Yorkshiregel Mon 07-May-18 09:17:58

What a great way to spend the day! I wish!

Richa94 Wed 22-Aug-18 11:56:11

Wow! I loved your paintings. Though I am not a trained artist I also try my hands in watercolor paintings in spare time. I just love it. Time just flies by when I do it.

As far as your paintings are concerned, I loved the one with a little girl who looks like a fairy. Good job and keep it up. smile

Greyduster Wed 22-Aug-18 13:29:20

I’m afraid I have to disagree about the paper. 140lb paper will buckle under a decent wash if it is not stretched. I would stretch anything under 200lbs.

JuneS Sun 02-Sep-18 16:29:10

I have recently started to dabble with watercolours and hope to do more. This is a portrait of my sisters late pet Bonnie which I did for a Christmas present.

Carenza123 Sun 09-Sep-18 08:45:04

Since I retired I have joined an art class and thoroughly enjoy watercolour painting as well as acrylic. I am moving soon and hope to find another art class. I never thought I was good enough at Art when at school but enjoy painting in retirement.