Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

knitting pattern

(12 Posts)
Belle24 Sun 19-Nov-17 22:22:34

I wonder if anyone can help me, I am looking for a paw patrol pattern for a childrens sweater, any character. I'm not having any luck and wondered if anyone could help.
Hope someone can help.

Jalima1108 Sun 19-Nov-17 23:02:09

There's a cardigan pattern on Ravelry, perhaps you could knit the motif in the middle of the sweater front. However, it's not a free pattern!
www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/paw-patrol-cardigan

I tried to find a Peppa Pig sweater pattern years ago without success (they are too old for Peppa now). At one time you could buy knitting patterns from eg Sirdar, Patons, etc for characters like Postman Pat etc but not any more. Perhaps they want you to buy the sweaters at top price.

TwiceAsNice Sun 19-Nov-17 23:14:09

Try Loveknitting.com I don't know if if it actually does a paw patrol pattern but it does loads of patterns with other characters I know. They also do great discount deals for buying wool. Also Woman's Weekly do a lot of character patterns. You could email them and ask.

Jalima1108 Sun 19-Nov-17 23:25:04

If you are an experienced knitter, perhaps you could make a chart and knit from one of the counted cross stitch samplers pictured.
Good luck!
www.pinterest.co.uk/search/pins/?q=Knit%20patterns%20paw%20patrol&rs=typed&term_meta[]=Knit%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=patterns%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=paw%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=patrol%7Ctyped

hildajenniJ Mon 20-Nov-17 08:37:56

Here's a pattern for a Chase sweater. It isn't free, and I haven't looked at the charge. It looks good though.
www.oldlancaster.co.uk/designs/pages/gallery.html

Nonnie Mon 20-Nov-17 09:22:59

I would use graph paper (or Excel) and print a paw picture from Google then put it on a sweater you like.

Completely off post but please, all knitters never put your GC's name on any garment. I still see it around but it is almost an invitation to someone wanting to entice a child away.

Bathsheba Mon 20-Nov-17 10:17:58

I'm not sure that a cross stitch pattern would work as a knitted motif. The stitches in cross stitch are all perfectly square, whereas knitted stitches are not - their height is greater than their width, not by much I grant you, but when that elongation is multiplied over the entire motif, the finished image would be distorted. I've never tried it, so I can't be certain just how much of a distortion there would be - maybe not enough to really notice, but I don't think I'd want to put all that work in only to be disappointed sad

whitewave Mon 20-Nov-17 10:41:45

Blimey sounds so complicated. No wonder I ve never moved on from ordinary knitting.

Belle24 Mon 20-Nov-17 11:58:59

Thank you everyone for the help, really appreciate it.

sharronr Mon 20-Nov-17 12:05:42

Hi. There are lots of free cross stitch Paw Patrol patterns. Maybe you could see a motif on the knitting.

sharronr Mon 20-Nov-17 12:07:20

On Pinterest there are hundreds of free crochet patterns. If you could maybe crochet and then see on top. Just a thought.

LapetEmb1244 Mon 22-Jan-18 01:24:34

There are nice patterns on Ann's site, see if you like any of them. www.annthegran.com/brw/all.aspx?searchtext=paw%20patrol

She may have some free ones as well, but you'll need to search for that: www.annthegran.com/freeembroiderydesigns.aspx