Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Margaret's Gilet - free knitting pattern

(13 Posts)
Grannyknot Sat 20-Jan-18 14:33:43

Hi crafters,

Following on from requests for this pattern on the "What are you knitting now?" thread:

www.gransnet.com/forums/arts_and_crafts/1243999-What-are-you-knitting-at-the-moment

Margaret kindly sent her Gilet pattern to me in the post - and here it is. Hope it is clear enough. Page 2 is a lighter scan so that the photograph shows up.

A few important details not on the scan:

Size - 16 to 18.
Width - 50cms.
Length - 75 cms.
Armhole - 24cms.

Thank you again to Margaret.

Jalima1108 Sat 20-Jan-18 14:43:53

Looks good to keep your back warm - and no sleeves to knit either.
Thank you

Nelliemoser Tue 30-Jan-18 17:50:00

I dont think I can compete with you lot.
My knitting group members make a heck of a lot of scarves and hats for the homeless.
I am still ploughing through my current project.
Keep knitting!

Jalima1108 Tue 30-Jan-18 18:15:14

I'm quite slow as well Nelliemoser, just sewing up a jumper I started 25 a few years ago. But hey! I've nearly finished it!

Maggiemaybe Tue 30-Jan-18 18:52:32

I'll be ploughing on with my Nanna blanket for Oxfam for quite some time yet. They do say they like them to have that homemade and imperfect look, but some of the squares I've done are way beyond that....

I'm not sure what went wrong - my sister used to knit for Wendy Wool window displays. grin

missourisusan Wed 21-Feb-18 17:42:51

For lots of free patterns and to view others projects and get help, join Ravelry.com. You ask to join and they always say yes. I knit sox. Can't knit sweaters or fingerless gloves, scarfs or anything else. I worked nights and had an hour lunch and needed to get my hands busy. I knitted many awful socks and kept at it. I use youtube lots-make it full frame and then push the space bar to stop and start. Good Luck!

Luckylegs Wed 21-Feb-18 18:28:10

Is it just me? I can't make the pattern become decipherable. It's blurred and just won't clear.

Jalima1108 Wed 21-Feb-18 20:22:08

I can see it OK, can you click on it then save it, then expand the image before printing?

Jalima1108 Wed 21-Feb-18 20:24:21

I saved it as a jpeg then you can expand it before printing? Or is it still blurry?

Grannyknot Wed 21-Feb-18 21:05:47

Hi Lucky if you click on the attachment, it pops up in a window. Then right click on it, select "Save As" and save it to your computer, you should then be able to print it out and it should be clear.

Luckylegs Wed 21-Feb-18 22:49:57

I'm only on an iPad. If I was on a normal computer, I'd be able to do all that. Never mind, I'll keep trying, thanks for your help.

Jalima1108 Wed 21-Feb-18 22:55:08

Can you email it to yourself then pick it up on a pc somewhere, enlarge and print it?

Grannyknot Thu 22-Feb-18 07:33:31

Hi Lucky ... If you like, PM me with your name and street address and I will print a copy and mail it to you. smile