Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Phew, finally finished my stable!

(30 Posts)
Witzend Sat 01-Dec-18 14:26:18

I found some help on YouTube, but it was still a bit of a ##*# to make, first effort discarded since my engineering skills weren't up to working out how to support the roof. Nearly gave up altogether. Roof is still propped up with a sturdy twig, it since tends to droop a bit.

In case anyone's interested, cardboard carton is covered with torn up bits of brown paper, stuck on with Ryman's glue stick, then painted with very watered down brown acrylic paint from the art shop.
Snow is cotton wool balls, again stuck on with glue stick.
A bit of sphagnum moss for rustic effect.
Just got the battery lights for £3.50 in B&Q.
Some mulled wine would now go down very nicely!

Have just noticed that whisky decanter next to it on the sideboard is nearly empty. Had better refill, in case any of the wise men or shepherds fancy a snifter to keep the cold out...

Jalima1108 Sun 02-Dec-18 13:16:28

as you can see from Witzend's photo they are kind of decanter sized wink

storynanny Fri 07-Dec-18 17:28:16

Just got my vintage set out, no stable this year, it has finally fallen into disrepair after about 30 years! My boys used to move them around and sometimes the lamb was in the crib, the donkey flying from the roof, , the angel riding the donkey etc. What memories it brings back.
Got an 11 month old and a 3 year old granddaughters this year so who knows where they will end up!

Billybob4491 Fri 07-Dec-18 17:31:43

Its all part of the fun Storynanny, my Nativity scene is a bit battered these days, every year I am going to replace it but never get around to it

Marthjolly1 Fri 07-Dec-18 17:47:22

Well done Witzend quite an achievement and must be very satisfying for you now it's finished. Definately deserve a dram from the decanter, never mind the shepherds