Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Own design picture jumpers

(30 Posts)
Farmor15 Tue 01-Dec-20 14:01:29

Grandchildren requested new jumpers and I expected designs like dinosaur and unicorn. However, insects and guinea pigs were asked for! As I couldn't find any knitting patterns for these, I decided to see if I could invent my own. Here are the results.

If anyone wants more information about how I did it, I'll try to explain. The designs are pretty much how you would do cross stitch or tapestry, with counted squares.

Puzzler61 Tue 29-Dec-20 12:46:59

Many little boys would just love a jumper like that Farmor.
Have your GC worn your newly-made jumpers yet?

Greyduster Tue 29-Dec-20 13:56:37

They are lovely Farmor! The last one of these I knitted using a proper pattern was a tank top with a star sign (glad it wasn’t anything more complicated than Cancer the crab!) on it for a friend. She loved it. When GS was young and still wearing my knitted creations, he wanted a sweater with a stormtrooper on it. In the absence of any available patterns, we reached a compromise with just the helmet! I worked it out on graph paper and it came out quite well (he was pleased anyway!).

Farmor15 Tue 29-Dec-20 22:23:22

Unfortunately the recent jumpers haven’t reached the GC in Sweden yet- postal services very slow?.
Like Greyduster, I used graph paper to work out designs.

Puzzler61 Wed 30-Dec-20 09:25:46

I hope they reach the GC in Sweden soon Farmor ?