Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

How many projects have you got on the go?

(30 Posts)
Witzend Mon 20-Sep-21 14:23:42

Just realised I now have 4, since the latest newsletter from Knit for Nowt said that once again they have a massive waiting list. So I’ve started a ‘worry-eating’ dog - makes a change from the w-e monsters I’ve made before.

Plus there’s a C-word wreath with a couple of little robins, largely finished.
And Mary, donkey, and one sheep to go for the N-word set

Plus the stash buster blanket, in 2 strands of DK.
Even with all this, my stash doesn’t seem to have diminished much yet, but the blanket should ‘eat’ quite a bit - I’ve only done about 6 inches so far.

I’m sure someone will have more than four!

Witzend Sun 26-Sep-21 10:29:35

Callistemon

I think do what you feel comfortable with, merlotgran!

I usually pick up and knit but the last waistcoats I knitted were for the DGC and the pattern said to pick up all the way round on a circular needle. Even with a smaller size it was tricky.

My worst (most wasteful) UFO was a black knitted jacket-type cardi I was making for a sister in the US. Having finished the whole thing except for the pick up and knit ribbed edging, I eventually gave up - there was so much of it, and even with a good light it was so hard to see the blasted stitches.

Luckily it was relatively cheap acrylic yarn - for Dsis it couldn’t be anything that wasn’t both machine washable and tumble-dry-able.

Colourfull500 Tue 09-Nov-21 21:04:07

Hi to all,

I have lots if projects still to do painting doors white before xmas and bathroom to decorate beforw xmas.
And Kitchen to decorate after xmas.
And lots of presants to wrap before Xmas.

Colorfull 500

Witzend Thu 11-Nov-21 09:12:50

At the moment, a big stash buster blanket and a 2nd worry-eating dog.
The blanket is going to take another couple of months at least.

TillyTrotter Thu 11-Nov-21 09:38:40

I like to have several hobbies on the go. There is always a jigsaw on the table, cross-stitch part-done, puzzle books, and several reading books to be read.
Valuable advice to me when I retired was “always leave something for tomorrow”. It has become a motto!