Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Late Ch×××××as project

(55 Posts)
Namsnanny Tue 10-Jan-23 20:05:32

I had a naff Ch××××××s, so I took a leaf out of purplepixies book and filled my time with a project. It took longer than I thought!
But now its finished I thought I'd show GN knitters before I put it away.

Namsnanny Tue 10-Jan-23 22:36:46

MerylStreep if you look at the picture of the back of the wreath, I dont think my work is tidy enough to sell 😳🤣🤣

Witzend Tue 10-Jan-23 22:42:49

That is gorgeous! So beautifully done - what a shame you’ve got to wait so long to display it!

grannyrebel7 Tue 10-Jan-23 22:42:54

Absolutely beautiful!

Ro60 Tue 10-Jan-23 23:09:48

Brilliant ❤ That's the back! - I thought it was another wreath 😂

CanadianGran Tue 10-Jan-23 23:29:54

wow, fantastic! I would never have the patience for all the little separate bits of knitting, then putting it all together so nicely. Well done.

Namsnanny Tue 10-Jan-23 23:37:13

Namsnanny

MerylStreep if you look at the picture of the back of the wreath, I dont think my work is tidy enough to sell 😳🤣🤣

Sorry that was for SusieHi

MerylStreep No, no pattern just thought I'd try to make it myself

Ali23 Yes I fancy a wreath for different seasons now too.

Millie22 Well, I knitted around 200 leaves in 3 colours, some of which I didn't use. I've basically worked on it most days over since a bit before C, till now.
I made the wreath from Wisteria fronds cut back in the summer.

Yes ixion spring colours, I dont know how to knit any spring flowers though so, might take me a while.

Grandmatti Thank you, yes thats the plan, all being well next December.

Marthjolly1 It came together better than I thought, so yes it was quite satisfying to see it finished.
I have quite a few misses in the 'I'll go back to that later' project box blush

Namsnanny Tue 10-Jan-23 23:46:48

Glad you like it Harris27

Witzend I'm going to do as Midgey suggested, and leave it up for a while longer now!

Grannyrebel7 So glad you like it Thank you.

Ro60 That made me laugh grin

I know what you mean about having the patience CanadianGran, I didn't think I did. Thanks for the compliment.

Whiff Wed 11-Jan-23 05:52:13

Beautiful the best sort of wreath to have. Did you count how many leaves you made ?

lixy Wed 11-Jan-23 06:24:03

Whiff

Beautiful the best sort of wreath to have. Did you count how many leaves you made ?

Now there's a thought - it could be a fund-raising variation on 'guess how many sweets in the jar'!

I think it's great that you used garden resources to make the backing. What a super project.

FannyCornforth Wed 11-Jan-23 06:24:55

Oh wow! Namsnanny, it’s absolutely gorgeous! 😍
Could you make a scarf like it?
It would be amazing, you could do it in all sorts of colour ways.
I’d definitely buy one (or several)

FannyCornforth Wed 11-Jan-23 06:26:44

I’ve just seen that there was no pattern. You are very clever.
I hope things are better after your naff Christmas smile

Beechnut Wed 11-Jan-23 07:25:32

That is beautiful 😀

baubles Wed 11-Jan-23 07:35:43

How beautiful! You are so talented Namsnanny.

Chocolatelovinggran Wed 11-Jan-23 08:08:19

That's just lovely, Namsnanny. You are one of the prepare - early - for Christmas brigade par excellence! A wreath for every season would be great - maybe you could use up the left over leaves?

Witzend Wed 11-Jan-23 08:45:54

Namsnanny, is the leaf pattern from the Jean Greenhowe holly leaves one? I’ve made quite a few of those and seem to recognise it! If so I do admire you making so many - they’re quite quick but a bit of a fiddle!

Auntieflo Wed 11-Jan-23 09:59:21

Namsnanny, that is beautiful. What a lot of work has gone into it. Perhaps you should do as Georgesgran suggested, a wreath for each season.
I did make a Spring one in April 2020 (the date is on the photo in my album), but it is very sparse looking against yours, it could do with many more leaves.

Namsnanny Wed 11-Jan-23 11:37:43

Your wreath is beautiful Auntiflo. Such lovely spring colours.
You say you have taken a photo?
I think that's a good idea, and I am trying to do that now. As I may give away the things I make, (I am thinking of down sizing some time in the future). So I dont think I will have the storage room.

Namsnanny Wed 11-Jan-23 11:54:32

Witzend I have a book of stitches from the 70s, when I started knitting. It gives good instructions and suggestions of what to use the stitches for.
Some years ago I needed a long strip of picot to edge a plain blanket. It folded in a certain way which gave me the idea of a leaf shape.

I've come to understand I have a strange brain, which finds following patterns harder than making things my own way. (Hence such a large pile of dumped unfinished projects!).
I did look on line for a leaf pattern, but couldnt fathom them.
As it happened, this way made a thicker leaf, which took to being wired easier.

It's the sewing up that can be a bore, isnt it? I just settle in with a tv program and go on auto pilot😄.

Blossoming Wed 11-Jan-23 12:08:12

That is absolutely beautiful Namsnanny

Namsnanny Wed 11-Jan-23 12:42:41

👍Thanks so much Blossoming BTW I'm trying to think of a way to use your namesake for a spring themed one 😄.

Chocolateloving Not a Man For All Seasons but a wreath ect.,🤣

dogsmother Wed 11-Jan-23 15:21:44

Stunning!
I have great admiration for all things creative as I’m the least creative person I know.🫤

Namsnanny Wed 11-Jan-23 21:58:52

Ziploc crazyH jaylin Thanks so much, glad you like it.

FannyCornforth You have a good imagination, I never thought of a scarf! (Yes Thank you, on the up and up X)

Whiff Around 200 although I didnt count up how many I used.

lixy Thanks for the compliment. I love using things from the garden when possible, rather than buying more stuff.

Beechnut Nice of you to post that.

Baubles Well, that is praise indeed, as I still remember your pumpkins - excuse me sounding like a remnant from a Carry On film. grin

Namsnanny Wed 11-Jan-23 22:07:25

Dont worry dogsmother..... you probably know where everything in your house is.
Craft creates clutter (well, for me anyway)

FannyCornforth Thu 12-Jan-23 04:21:15

Namsnanny thank you!
You could also make corsage type brooches.
They wouldn’t take long and would make lovely gifts.

CraftyGranny Sat 14-Jan-23 14:15:02

Absolutely brilliant. You are a very clever lady, making it up as you go along is not easy.