Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Sewing Bee 2026

(211 Posts)
PiscesLady Wed 17-Jun-26 19:40:24

Starts on 28th July. Let's hope it's a good one!

JamesandJon33 Wed 16-Sept-26 13:44:45

Anna’s designs made me think a little of Vivienne Westwood. All those hitched up skirts and boning.
Beth’s Mets dress I thought fantastic, and a true original.

Parsley3 Wed 16-Sept-26 14:03:32

It was obvious that Patrick favoured Anna regardless of the quality of her creations. He was quite tearful when he was praising her at the end of the programme. I liked her bow tie and cummerbund but I thought her beach transformation didn't hit the brief at all due to those cheesy pompoms. I was amazed when it came first. To be honest I didn't think any of the dresses were glamorous enough for the Met Gala but Beth's came closest to being spectacular. I have enjoyed this series very much. Roll on the next one. The presenters baby must have been born by now, I think.

JenniRen Wed 16-Sept-26 14:37:59

"The presenters baby must have been born by now, I think."

Sophie's baby is about ten months old now.

Fairislecable Wed 16-Sept-26 14:45:32

Sophie Willans baby Elijah was reported in the Manchester Evening News on the 1st December 2025.

Wikipedia shows the baby was born on 30 November.

It seems to take a while for Sewing Bee to reach the screen after filming.

Calendargirl Wed 16-Sept-26 21:07:14

I think it’s marvellous that we don’t get rumours about who has won when the series was made over a year ago, apparently.

At least, I’ve never seen or heard anything on SM or similar.

Grannybags Wed 16-Sept-26 21:57:18

I enjoyed this series and I thought Sophie was a much better presenter.

I’ll be looking out for the next series!

Wheniwasyourage Wed 16-Sept-26 22:41:23

We heard Emma singing in Edinburgh at the weekend with the National Youth Choir of Scotland and the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra. She was the soprano soloist in Carmina Burana and was excellent. The concert was recorded for Radio 3 but I'm not sure when it will be on.

The dress she was wearing for the concert and the one she wore before it were both attractive and colourful and presumably made by herself!

argymargy Thu 17-Sept-26 07:03:51

I did love the fact that the decision was so close - usually you really know who it’s going to be (same for Bake-off and Pottery Throwdown). The quality and style was really impressive in this series. Well done Sewing Bees!

Sarnia Thu 17-Sept-26 07:31:26

Had Beth not made a mess of the pattern challenge then I think she would have won.
Esme always admires those who push the boundaries as she did herself during her Swanky Modes days.
Anna is extremely talented. Surely there must be a future for her in costume design.
I have watched Sewing Bee from its beginning but this one was the best yet. From the lovely contestants to the very knowledgeable judges and the best presenter.
On to Bake-Off now.

Humbertbear Thu 17-Sept-26 08:28:22

M0nica

JenniRen

It's interesting that the contestants' best friends look so much like them! Likes attract.

With due respect I really hope that no one would confuse me with my best friend, much as I love her.

I have a friend of over 45 years and people often ask if we are sisters. We don’t necessarily look alike but our mannerisms are very similar.