Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Phone case sewn

(31 Posts)
Purplepixie Thu 03-Sept-26 13:02:29

Just fancied a change from knitting/crochet I made this phone case. Quilted the body of it and edged it with plain red. I bought the fabric years ago in USA.

Quilting done on the sewing machine but hand sewed the rest.

Thanks for looking.

Cossy Thu 03-Sept-26 13:26:59

Very nice!

My older son’s old flatmate, and ex gf (now married to his bf!), was so clever with a needle and thread and she made me an iPad cover, with a zip, which I still use, and some beautiful cushions covers.

pably15 Thu 03-Sept-26 13:38:23

PP, that's very nice, well done.

Purplepixie Thu 03-Sept-26 13:58:21

Thank you. 🙏

MissAdventure Thu 03-Sept-26 14:09:42

That's lovely, and different. smile

Emeraldforest Thu 03-Sept-26 16:12:08

That's a lovely phone case! I've got several projects I want to do but can't get motivated to do anything large.I think I might like to make a phone case on a cross body strap for those days when I haven't got any pockets.

Magenta8 Thu 03-Sept-26 16:17:16

I love the crazy cat/dog material and the contrast binding, it looks great.

Grannybags Thu 03-Sept-26 18:14:11

What a good idea. Love the fabric!

Purplepixie Thu 03-Sept-26 21:42:05

Thank you. 🙏

MT62 Thu 03-Sept-26 22:52:43

Lovely! Be nice to have a chain or strap added, so you can wear around the neck.
My pockets are too shallow so my phone slips out, usually in my car 🙄

Purplepixie Fri 04-Sept-26 12:59:33

Thank you.🤩

Mjord70 Fri 04-Sept-26 13:48:55

That's lovely. When I realised that for my own safety (to be able to get hold of someone for when I fell) I needed to always have my phone on me I made a phone bag with a shoulder strap. I also realised I needed to have access to my radar key when I was out, so I added a small pocket. I now always have phone, key, pen and a very small tape measure with me. The tape measure was added when I started doing knitting in the car - my husband queried it - but has found we have countless uses for it all the time including when he's buying clothes😂

CarrotTop Fri 04-Sept-26 13:53:48

So beautifully sewn! And isn't it lovely to find a use for that piece of fabric you knew would come in handy one day?!

Dodo43 Fri 04-Sept-26 14:34:11

Really beautiful and inspirational!

I have been thinking about making something similar with a strap of some sort. Maybe now I will get on and have a go.
Thank you for posting that 💐

ordinarygirl Fri 04-Sept-26 15:35:07

I have done one similar BUT i use it to hold the charger in my handbag as I have a dedicated case for my phone. Yours looks very nice by the way

Purplepixie Fri 04-Sept-26 16:05:50

Thank you. I’m going to make a Christmas one next.

monami Fri 04-Sept-26 16:07:33

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

crazyH Fri 04-Sept-26 16:22:23

Very nice

DamaskRose Fri 04-Sept-26 16:29:40

I really like that purplepixie especially the contrasting fabrics. You’re given me just the nudge I need to make an iPad cover, maybe I’ll even try one with a zip like Cossy’s!

ClicketyClick Fri 04-Sept-26 16:37:15

05Purplepixie

Thank you. I’m going to make a Christmas one next.

It's lovely and I'd be happy to receive one for Christmas!

Purplepixie Fri 04-Sept-26 16:48:29

monami

gee thats boring

Sorry. Which bit is boring?

eddiecat78 Fri 04-Sept-26 16:49:11

monami

gee thats boring

Why do you always post such unpleasant comments?

Milest0ne Fri 04-Sept-26 17:11:33

When I did my advanced driving course many years ago, the instructor gave me a list of things to carry in the car. It included a tape measure and note book and pen , in case of an accident. I didn’t have such a lovely bag for my emergency kit. No mobile phones then.

Shelflife Fri 04-Sept-26 17:57:55

Purplepixie, I love that!

Shinamae Fri 04-Sept-26 18:10:11

eddiecat78

monami

gee thats boring

Why do you always post such unpleasant comments?

Probably attention seeking…