Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

How are you feeling today

(124 Posts)
Jadey Thu 07-Mar-13 13:56:16

Happy, quite settled and just a little stressed due to family demands.

harrigran Sun 10-Mar-13 22:33:49

Jadey flowers
Galen cupcake] brew

Galen Sun 10-Mar-13 21:23:25

Thanks!

baubles Sun 10-Mar-13 21:20:42

sunshine for all Gnetters who are feeling below par for whatever reason. Oh and cupcake and brew as well smile

Galen Sun 10-Mar-13 20:43:27

Hear hear!

JessM Sun 10-Mar-13 20:36:46

Cheers. I think everyone down here needs a bit of sunshine.

Bags Sun 10-Mar-13 20:22:21

That's rotten sad. Here's to a good summer wine

JessM Sun 10-Mar-13 20:08:58

It's been relentless bags we have only had about 4 mild days since November. Very few blue skies.

Bags Sun 10-Mar-13 19:47:57

You must have been unlucky with the weather down south. It hasn't been especially cold here this winter – not compared to the winters of 09-10 and 10-11, which were perishing (for here), though wonderfully sunny which was nice. Up until the snow today, we've had a very dry period of about three weeks too. Well, I think there was some smirr sometimes, but it wasn't rain type rain wink because our back door 'moat' (hill drainage off the garden) has remained dry.

No frogs visible today. Surely that heron can't have eaten them all!?

Galen Sun 10-Mar-13 18:49:14

Agreed! Still, onward and upward!

JessM Sun 10-Mar-13 18:45:41

It has been an unusually long, cold, wet winter galen. [hug]

Galen Sun 10-Mar-13 18:40:02

Thanks Marelli I expect it's the lack of sun. I do get sad, but this year it seems worse than usual. May get some sun later in the week.

bookdreamer Sun 10-Mar-13 18:35:47

Thank you marelli

Marelli Sun 10-Mar-13 18:34:39

bookdreamer, some flowers for you, too.

Marelli Sun 10-Mar-13 18:33:11

Tomorrow's another day, Galen, and hopefully something good will happen to make you feel a bit better. We could all do with a dose of sunshine. We've had snow here on and off all day, and I can't get warm - so I'm wrapped in a shawl...(brrr emoticon)!

bookdreamer Sun 10-Mar-13 18:31:01

I am, or was, feeling down too but just had a surprise visit from my son. He is over from the USA and is staying with his dad. I wasn't supposed to be seeing him till tomorrow but he made a surprise visit. Must say this has been the hardest Mother's Day for me since my divorce 3 years ago. I think it was knowing my son was in the country and I thought I wasn't going to see him.

flowers galen.

Galen Sun 10-Mar-13 18:22:14

Snow forecast for here today as well, but not till 10pm.
Have to wrap up warmly for work tomorrow.
Somehow, can't summon up any enthusiasm. What's wrong with me? I just feel so down?

Marelli Sun 10-Mar-13 18:16:12

Galen, we do worry about them, for sure. I'm sitting here feeling very sentimental. I never watch Songs of Praise, but saw that the Military Wives were singing on the programme so I did watch it. The whole programme was about a mother's unconditional love, and it made me think about what we feel for our children, whatever age they are. For the first time since he was a little boy, my son gave me a card. He's come through a lot, much of it being his own making, but has lived to tell the tale, as they say. The wording in the card hit the spot for me. My eldest DD called in too - with a lovely card and a bottle of Gordon's for me! Bless her! grin

JessM Sun 10-Mar-13 18:00:08

Time they started worrying about their mums in some cases Galen. Also it is that thing about not having a dad around to clip them round the ear isn't it? sad
Snow and gales are forecast. This is ridiculous!

Tegan Sun 10-Mar-13 17:55:23

I didn't get a mothers day card but one that said 'thank you'. I can't begin to explain how moved I was by that.

Galen Sun 10-Mar-13 17:53:24

Well I was feeling miserable as I didn't have flowers or anything, but DGD has just skyped , with mummy's helpsmile and since I haven't heard from son for about 6/12 I noted he was on line so I skyped him. He appears to be ok, thank goodness!
We do worry about our offspring even when they're grown don't we!

Ella46 Sun 10-Mar-13 16:29:30

Jadey flowers so sorry about your FiL.

Galen Sun 10-Mar-13 16:27:06

flowers sympathy

Marelli Sun 10-Mar-13 16:24:41

Jadey flowers I'm sorry to hear about your FiL. You probably were so careful to prepare DH for this happening, that you didn't even think about how you might feel. Be kind to yourself now. xx

Jadey Sun 10-Mar-13 16:13:16

Feeling a bit weired today, got a phone call yesterday evening to say FIL in hospital then got another one at 4am this morning to say he has passed, funny thing is he has been unwell for a few months and so I tried very hard to prepare my husband for his Father dieing so when we got the phone call the call this morning my DH wasn't too bad but I was extremly upset.

He was 82 and had a good life with his wife whom he loved very much.

May he rest in Peace

Jadey Sat 09-Mar-13 22:28:09

Thank you Ana much appreciated