Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Red Krill Oil

(71 Posts)
cathy Sat 27-Apr-13 08:06:47

Apparently its designed to help heart eye and brain function, saw it advertised on TV last night by Carol Vorderman,

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of this product, thanks

HUNTERF Mon 29-Apr-13 08:44:39

Greatnan

Blimey, that woman must rattle when she walks, if she takes all the stuff she advertises.
I wonder why she is so greedy - she must be a multi-millionaire.

A millionaire is not particularly rich.
I know several millionaires around London who live in semi detached houses.
It is the value of the houses in the areas which makes them millionaires not the fact they have got a lot of money to spend.

Frank

Ariadne Mon 29-Apr-13 09:05:20

Houses....houses....value thereof. Here we go again.

Greatnan Mon 29-Apr-13 09:07:38

Hunter, she helped to present Countdown for about 26 years and her salary was close to one million p.a. towards the end. Unless she has some really expensive habits, I think we can safely assume that she is not just a 'poor' millionaire!

absent Mon 29-Apr-13 09:08:19

Orca No. I just don't understand the point being made. Neither a 2.1 in Business Studies nor O level English language seem to have anything to do with Shakespeare. Perhaps HUNTERF meant English Lit.

Orca Mon 29-Apr-13 09:20:28

Chill Greatnan not completely understanding Absent's point either. Why do you always assume the worst?

Elegran Mon 29-Apr-13 09:21:00

If she had a hard time financially as a child, why is she endorsing things which will make people poorer?

I don't imagine any of her wealth came from following those endorsements, but from using her ability to do sums very quickly and her looks to succeed in show biz. It is "Don't do as I do, do as I tell you"

Greatnan Mon 29-Apr-13 09:22:32

Er.....it could just have been your asking if absent had intended a put down, Orca.

absent Mon 29-Apr-13 09:25:25

Orca Is that question about assuming the worst addressed to me? If so, I'm sorry, but I don't understand that either. I am not assuming the worst about anything or anyone. I was merely pointing out that the qualifications HUNTERF mentioned seemed to have no connection to anything else that was being said. It would be like my saying, I really love Shakespeare and I passed my Grade 5 piano exam with distinction.

annodomini Mon 29-Apr-13 10:04:23

I really love music but failed Grade 2 theory with a resounding thud! The kind of degree you have has nothing to do with your appreciation - or otherwise - of the arts. Mine is in English Lang and Lit. I have trouble comprehending economics - but I try. I like to read about scientific advances and try to keep an open mind about their benefits to our planet. My DS got a first in business studies, has a wide ranging taste in literature and enjoys a visit to an art gallery. You cannot pigeon-hole people by their academic achievements.

Orca Mon 29-Apr-13 10:04:31

No it wasn't Absent..I was a reply to someone else, saying I was looking for an argument when I was looking for clarity, but you explained it in your later post. I appreciate the irony incidentally!! I too passed my Grade 5 though not with distinction and I quite like Rabbie Burns grin

absent Mon 29-Apr-13 11:12:41

Orca Oh good. Grade 5 was so long ago I can't be sure it was with distinction now. I struggle with Rabbie Burns but I do love Robert Henryson. grin

Greatnan Mon 29-Apr-13 11:45:30

Blimey, Orca, is your memory beginning to fail you - fancy forgetting my name after a few posts! grin

feetlebaum Tue 30-Apr-13 10:49:19

@Greatnan - Horace Bachelor - remember him?

Similarly I often wonder why we never heard of a 'psychic' winning the pools...

Greatnan Tue 30-Apr-13 15:33:24

I remember him now, Feetle! My dad did Vernons for about 30 years and once won £75, which was quite a lot in the 1950s. He gave me one pound

feetlebaum Sat 25-May-13 09:09:05

My father won £50 - and spent it on a couple of suits for me! I was about to start my first job, c. 1954.

trendygran Sat 25-May-13 20:41:20

This seems more about Carol Vorderman than Krill oil,but makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who doesn't exactly worship her. ! Can't comment on Krill because I've never tried it.

Andypersonaltrainer Thu 11-Jul-13 15:52:20

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Greatnan Thu 11-Jul-13 15:56:33

Reported.

gillybob Thu 11-Jul-13 23:41:05

Just remembered something Tegan re; the flamingos being pink. My dad was a keen canary breeder when I was a child. He won many awards for his birds ( we are still talking canaries here) and if my memory serves me well he used to feed them a kind of shrimp/egg/carotene mixture that turned them a beautiful orangey pink colour so there must be something in it. hmm

annarose14 Mon 13-Oct-14 16:46:23

I use Krill Doctor Professional brand and quite happy with results and the quality.
Go here:-http://krilldoctor.com