Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Breakfast?

(62 Posts)
Riverwalk Thu 14-Nov-13 11:09:25

I have eggs every day - this morning two fried in a splash of olive oil, couple of anchovies on top, toast and coffee.

I like talking food ... might explain why I'm a stone overweight!

Gally Fri 15-Nov-13 18:15:53

Thanks Agus - there you go Bags a lovely day trip to Hillington for your comestibles!!

numberplease Fri 15-Nov-13 21:04:48

Don`t eat much in the morning, a lemon curd butty, or some buttered cream crackers, and black coffee.

Ana Fri 15-Nov-13 21:19:19

Lemon curd! Haven't had that for years - do you make your own, number, or can you still buy it?

Sook Fri 15-Nov-13 21:47:57

number Ana I love Lemon curd it is available in most supermarkets. I buy mine from a local business which produces chutneys, curds and jams. When I'm in the mood I make my own in the microwave it's easy peasy.

Check out the recipe page I think you may find there is a recipe for Lemon curd

Ana Fri 15-Nov-13 21:49:46

Thanks, sook, will have a look.

susieb755 Fri 15-Nov-13 21:55:11

I used to have cereal and toast , but since doing slimming world have grilled tomatoes, lean bacon, mushrooms and egg every day - four stone lighter....weird smile

feetlebaum Fri 15-Nov-13 22:26:26

I mix a couple of cereals (Fruit & Fibre with Special K Red Berries) and often add a piece of fruit - a banana cut up, or this morning a sliced pear...
Sometimes it's buttered toast with Gentleman's Relish - sometimes it's both...

Grannyknot Sat 16-Nov-13 08:13:08

Tea and toast with jam and marmalade in bed in the morning (taking turns to make depending on who wakes up first), accompanied by a chat about our day or anything else that might need discussing smile

Grannyknot Sat 16-Nov-13 08:13:30

That's jam or marmalade ... not both at once!

Riverwalk Sat 16-Nov-13 09:57:23

Susieb that's my idea of breakfast!

Smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, toast & coffee for me today, followed by a one hour brisk park walk in the glorious sunshine smile

marinamagic Sat 16-Nov-13 14:49:36

porridge with salt, Actimel, apple or pear, handfull of blueberries and two cups of Earl Grey black tea. I have had this for the last 15 years !!!!!