Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Happy to be Religious

(58 Posts)
Charleygirl Sat 29-Mar-14 19:49:12

I had religion rammed down my neck all of my childhood and teenage years, being educated at a convent. It worked the opposite, I am a non believer and wish to stay that way.

I have a 97 year old who is very religious but that is about the only thing that she has not tried to change in my life. Her religious belief I think is keeping her alive.

janerowena Sat 29-Mar-14 19:42:53

I have some very religious family and friends, but I am not. I am very happy that you and they are happy - as long as no-one tries to convert me!

Charleygirl Sat 29-Mar-14 19:27:22

Agree totally with ginny.

DebnCreme Sat 29-Mar-14 19:27:08

Me too TAB12 and I believe in the Power of Prayer.

ginny Sat 29-Mar-14 19:26:08

Certainly don't share your beliefs but I'm very happy for you.

susieb755 Sat 29-Mar-14 19:20:40

Me too TAB12, I was baptised when I was 31 and my husband when he was 33.

absent Sat 29-Mar-14 19:05:28

I don't but at least one of my closest friends quite often has conversations with me about his personal relationship with God. I have also appreciated the kindness of believers who have said prayers for me or members of my family in times of trouble.

TAB12 Sat 29-Mar-14 19:02:58

In my life I have found that people shy away and are a little afraid to state that they believe in GOD, almost as if it were a bad thing.

I would just like to say that I do believe in GOD and very much believe in the power of prayer.

My life has been enriched by my beliefs and am very happy to be a Religious personsmile