Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Living in the past.

(53 Posts)
Falconbird Sat 10-Jan-15 16:41:49

I make my sons laugh because I still talk about the Gas Board, the Electricity Board and the GPO.

I also sometimes call the radio the wireless. I had a lot of dealings with a Solicitor recently and I half expected him to be wearing a pin striped suit and to offer me a small sherry. He was wearing very casual clothes and I wasn't even shown where a coffee machine was.

When I was having trouble having the phone and internet set up I said -

"When I was a young woman you went into your new house or flat and there was a telephone on the floor with the number clearly printed on a label on the phone, it was that simple. Life has become so complicated!!!!

smile

Bez Tue 13-Jan-15 18:34:30

The going back in history could have been 'Watch' - they did some very good programmes over the years. One series was about dinosaurs and I was lucky enough to go to the Nat.History museum to a course held in the bowels of the building where they kept many of the exhibits. I went to visit again about eight years ago and was astounded at the changes since the last school visit I had organised.
Words and Pictures was also good and Lynda Baron did a series called 'Come Outside' covered all sorts of subjects - she and her dog flew around in a little red plane. Not sure who enjoyed these programmes more -the children or me! grin

Nvella Tue 13-Jan-15 23:59:52

Victoria Wood did a great song called Music and Movement about the radio programme

youtu.be/RqcOwsA06mU