Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

How much of this breakfast could you eat?

(59 Posts)
Riverwalk Thu 15-Jan-15 13:07:48

Ignoring the awfulness of scoffing competitions, how much of this 59-item breakfast on offer in Portishead could you eat?

I like savoury foods for breakfast and have a big appetite in the morning (and other times grin) so could polish-off:

2 bacon
2 sausages
2 eggs
1 hash brown
Few beans
1 toast

Big Breakfast

soontobe Thu 15-Jan-15 19:40:38

Same as Riverwalk but only 1 of everything.

I am interested in fried banana though!

rosequartz Thu 15-Jan-15 19:44:12

Bananas baked in their skins (possibly on the bbq) are nice, split open with a sprinkling of rum and sugar and served with icecream.
But not for breakfast.

Ana Thu 15-Jan-15 19:46:55

What do you fry the banana in, Lona? Surely not bacon fat...

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 15-Jan-15 20:18:02

If the breakfast was in with the price, I could manage a bit more than that Rosequartz.

janerowena Thu 15-Jan-15 22:16:03

We're going away next weekend, DBH has deliberately booked us into a hotel where the breakfast is only continental and the full English is an extra £7, just because I won't eat enough of it for his liking! I think that's quite funny.

Years ago, I used to do a big cooked breakfast at lunchtime on the occasional Sunday, a brunch I suppose, to keep him happy.

harrigran Thu 15-Jan-15 23:09:06

I only eat a cooked breakfast when we are travelling, we then can drive on without having to stop for lunch. I don't have the whole greasy works, I usually have scrambled eggs, grilled bacon and mushrooms.

Tegan Thu 15-Jan-15 23:40:43

On the rare occasion that I stay somewhere that provides breakfast I eat as much as I can and stuff loads into my handbag to eat later for lunch blush. Even though I hate eating breakfast.....

absent Fri 16-Jan-15 02:58:59

I'm pretty sure I couldn't manage all that through the course of an entire day let alone for breakfast and no, we're not all getting fatter.