Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Toys and Games

(32 Posts)
Falconbird Sat 28-Feb-15 06:43:27

My grandchildren are 7 and 4 a boy and a girl. My GS is very computer orientated and likes Top Trumps. My GD still likes to play schools etc., whereas my GS is growing out of games of make believe.

Can any grans recommend a board game or similar that they could play together. I've tried snap but it's not popular.

Falconbird Sun 22-Mar-15 09:02:55

And when the seven year old knows more about your lap top, mobile phone etc., than you do smile

They're a new generation - amazing!

Anya Sun 22-Mar-15 09:08:02

smile

soontobe Sun 22-Mar-15 13:29:28

Since everyone is here!

Can I ask for games ideas for a group of adults, 20s to 80s. Group of roughly 10 people. Not drinking/naughty games thanks!

durhamjen Sun 31-May-15 22:22:17

Proof that e-petitions work.

www.change.org/p/playmobil-please-make-disability-toys-and-help-generations-of-kids-grow-up-with-a-positive-attitude-to-human-difference/u/10923781

Just over 50,000 signatures made Playmobil agree.

Grandma2213 Mon 01-Jun-15 02:33:32

My grandchildren aged 3 to 8 yrs all love Connect 4 (though the 3 year old needs a little help). Another favourite is an 'Orchard' game 'Crazy Chefs' where they collect ingredient cards to make a meal, a version of lotto which helps to develop memory. This Christmas a Disney game called 3D Memo portrait was a winner. It too is a version of Lotto where you have to remember where the cards are but they build into Disney Princess portraits. To be fair I have 4 grand daughters but my very boyish 8 year old grandson still joins in!
In the car we play 'I spy', Songs beginning with ... (choose a letter) and amazingly 'Word Association' which my very articulate grandchildren are surprisingly good at. We try to work back to the original word after a few rounds and that person is the winner. The 3 year old makes irrelevant suggestions but we praise her and move on from the previous word!

Eloethan Mon 01-Jun-15 14:26:19

Guess Who
I also think Connect 4 is good