Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

That's a compliment?

(79 Posts)
Anya Tue 24-Mar-15 11:18:22

Came down stairs this morning after my shower to be greeted by 'your face is all lovely and shiny' from DH hmm

Coolgran65 Fri 03-Apr-15 10:05:32

I often go to the local M & S Outlet Centre. DH and I part ways at the door. He looks about and then goes outside and sits on the bench. If I see something I fancy.... take it to the window on the hanger.... He nods yay or nay. If he nods yay... I try it on.... I'm thinking of a recent jacket.... and he then nods yay or nay !!

If I bring something home and try it on.... he'll tell the truth, a keeper or a return. A keeper gets the response... that's fine. If he really likes it, the response of 'that's fine' goes up a tone.

If he says nay..... I don't ask why ??

Somethimes I say..... 'I don't want fine'...... fine is a boiled egg.... 'I want better than fine. If it's only fine I'll take it back' !!

Of course, his opinion doesn't apply to everything, most stuff I know I want it and will keep it. Often when I ask his opinion it is because it is something a little bit different looking.

Most definitely he is not involved in the buying of underwear.

janerowena Fri 03-Apr-15 15:02:15

Cambridge M&S suits DBH and I perfectly - the men's department is over the road from the women's!

rosequartz Fri 03-Apr-15 17:57:18

DH just says 'it's no good asking me' if I ask for his opinion.