Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

At what time of day do you send posts?

(34 Posts)
Falconbird Thu 07-May-15 08:48:21

I've just realised that I send posts mostly in the mornings. It's a really difficult time for me as a widow living alone for the first time and connecting on Gransnet is very comforting - just knowing there are other Grans out there makes me feel less alone. By lunch time I feel better and by the evening I feel much calmer and not so isolated.

durhamjen Fri 08-May-15 00:41:35

I usually have to wait until my grandson goes home. As I teach him in my house, I do not have the use of my computer most of the day.

Howitis123A Fri 08-May-15 10:39:37

I am new on here but would .i,e to chat with anyone interested in philosophy, spiritual matters etc.

annodomini Fri 08-May-15 10:44:27

Welcome, Howitis, if you click on 'Forums' at the top of the page, you will find a long list of forum topics including Philosophy and Religion and Sprituality. I hope you find Gransnet enjoyable and stimulating. smile

bikergran Sat 09-May-15 09:37:47

as OP have said anytime, any, where anyplace to meet my virtual friends smile and see what everyone is up to. Always nice to see a little msg in my inbox "you know who you all are " smile sunshine

have laptop on most of the day, until my eyelids droop, or unless it's 9-30 curfew time, when I must get my Coa Coa, put my curlers in and my teeth in a glass smile oh mustn't forget the bedsocks,and hot water bottle goodness gracious me!

bikergran Sat 09-May-15 09:39:22

oh yes "welcome " Howsitis hope you enjoy GN look forward to your posts smile

pompa Sat 09-May-15 10:20:26

Welcome Howitis123a, hope you ejoy the various threads.
Spiritual matters, I'm your man, whiskey, brandy, gin etc. grin

You will soon learn that I don't always take things as seriously as some Gners. Sorry.

Philosophy, I would find interesting.

hildajenniJ Sat 09-May-15 10:52:05

Welcome Howitis and hello there*pompa*.
I post first thing in the morning, when I get back from work, and then I just dip in and out during the rest of the day when I have a few minutes spare. This is usually when I've put the hudl on to look for a recipe, or to look something up via Google. I am easily distracted as you can tell.

Rosannie Sat 09-May-15 11:31:53

I post very irregularly and intermittent, I'm short of time Monday - Thursday when I have grandchildren duties so more likely to dip in Friday/Saturday.
I would like to be more frequent because it's obvious that some grans build strong relationships with each other and that's lovely.