Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

what's trending for 7 yr old girls?

(65 Posts)
lizzi50 Mon 19-Oct-15 09:08:34

She's into all things feminine such as jewellery, nail polish and has lots of do-it-yourself kits. That doesn't mean to say she wouldn't enjoy something similar if it was a variation and trending at school.

Bellanonna Tue 20-Oct-15 09:50:46

Though she seems to have disappeared meanwhile ?

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 20-Oct-15 10:24:14

jing no I did not stay up late reply Google nerf guns. I did that before making my first post. And I understand most of you are talking about the nerfs for the younger age groups, but the range of nerf products is huge.

My point is simple. Why make toy versions of something that is intended to hurt? It is not always the case boys will make their own gun if they don't have one and even if they do, what's wrong with telling the child is is wrong to pretend to be hurting something or someone? This thread is well off topic and I am partly to blame. I disagree with toy weapons, others don't and I am not posting further here on the subject.

Bellanonna Tue 20-Oct-15 14:38:06

Rosequartz if you are still reading this, and have not been overcome by boredom, I do share your (alleged) cynicism. That was me being my facetious self. Lizzi50 seems to have done a runner without adver letting us have her comments on what people have suggested might be "trending" for small girls- btw does that mean popular? If I have misread Lizzi50 then I humbly apologise but it would be nice to hear from from her sometime as people have tried to make quite a few suggestions.

ninathenana Tue 20-Oct-15 16:08:19

I think she left after the first few posts.
Saying she'd made a mistake coming on GN sad

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 20-Oct-15 16:29:39

I don't blame her! Considering rosequarz's post of 10.07.07 yesterday! grin

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 20-Oct-15 16:30:57

She has apologised though. Old cynic that she obviously is. grin wink !

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 20-Oct-15 16:32:15

Bellanonna she can wear a fairy frock while she shoots at a target.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 20-Oct-15 16:33:01

That's the OP's child - not rosquarz

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 20-Oct-15 16:33:33

Although....... grin

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 20-Oct-15 16:35:46

Just make sure you don't include a can of black spray paint with the next one you buy rosesarered. shock grin

rosesarered Tue 20-Oct-15 18:45:14

No, I like the bright blue and orange just fine thanks!smile

rosequartz Tue 20-Oct-15 19:57:40

I don't blame her! Considering rosequarz's post of 10.07.07 yesterday!
oh dear blush

I will post a selfie of me in a fairy frock shooting DGS's gun if you like
That'll frighten anyone off the threads grin

trending, trending ....

must remember to ask 7 year old DGD

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 20-Oct-15 20:02:11

grin

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 20-Oct-15 20:21:58

As GPs don't your GCs tell you all about the things they would like, often in the hope you are listening very carefully? grin