Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Griddle pans

(12 Posts)
Deedaa Fri 03-Jun-16 20:49:15

I also bought an M&S one years ago. It lasted very well and I only gave it up when we bought a George Foreman grill.

Stansgran Fri 03-Jun-16 20:25:34

My griddle is a Circulon and is as good a weight as a frying pan. Not any way as hefty as my le creuset

annsixty Fri 03-Jun-16 19:40:45

My maths really isn't as bad as that, it should have been £15?.

DanniRae Fri 03-Jun-16 19:03:26

Hi Kitty - mine is from M and S and I have been really pleased with it (but had it for quite a while so don't know about the ones they sell now).

annsixty Fri 03-Jun-16 16:57:43

I gave my tefal away as it was just like a very lightly ridged fryind pan. I also bought one from M&S and it has been excellent and was certainly under £20 probably about £25.

Indinana Fri 03-Jun-16 16:54:28

I've got a cast iron griddle pan and it's really much too heavy for me to handle nowadays. I have to use both hands to pick it up!! But it is so good for cooking pork chops, steaks, gammon steaks and so on, so I put up with it.

kittylester Fri 03-Jun-16 16:49:56

Thanks everyone!

I use it to cook steaks, fish, gammon, veg. The reason I use a griddle pan is so that I can declare the pan and make a sauce.

My cooker came with a griddle but it's huge, sits over two rings, hasn't got sides and splatters!

Teetime Fri 03-Jun-16 15:34:28

I bought a M & S one years ago and its still fine - lots cheaper than Le Creuset not so stylish but I cant lift them and my pan lives in a cupboard so no-one is offended by its lack of stylishness. smile

annodomini Fri 03-Jun-16 15:18:25

I do have one, if you mean the pan with ridges across it which gives the nice stripey effect when you cook something on it. I don't use it very often. In fact. I don't think I've used it this year!

chelseababy Fri 03-Jun-16 15:11:04

I bought one from Lakeland years ago. It also is very heavy and a pain to clean, i ptrefer my George Foreman too.

hildajenniJ Fri 03-Jun-16 14:58:16

What do you use it for kitty? I've never owned a griddle pan, I use a George Foreman grill instead.

kittylester Fri 03-Jun-16 13:43:36

We've probably had this before but, if we have, I didn't need to know then.

I've been really disappointed with my tefal griddle pan and the outside is now peeling so I'm going to buy another.

Some of you know I have a le Creuset (sp?) fetish, and I am tempted by one of theirs but am concerned that they are heavy and I'm getting ancient.

Has anyone got any other suggestions before I part with lots of money? Thanks.