Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

referendum

(16 Posts)
annsixty Thu 23-Jun-16 12:48:14

Thankyou GandTea not much danger of getting that wrong.

GandTea Thu 23-Jun-16 12:41:52

Here it is

annsixty Thu 23-Jun-16 12:38:14

Can somebody kindly tell me what the wording is in the forms so that I will know if my H will understand without my going in with him.

hildajenniJ Thu 23-Jun-16 12:23:37

I was in the polling station this morning and a carer came in, accompanied by a lady with learning disabilities. They went into the booth together, and the carer asked the lady whether she wanted to remain or leave, she gave her answer clearly and the carer put the cross in the appropriate box. She gave the paper to the disabled lady and she put it in the box.

moybenmar Thu 23-Jun-16 11:26:31

Do not know how so many "thank you" messages have appeared but .... Sorry for taking up all the extra space - it is probably better that than no thanks at all!

moybenmar Thu 23-Jun-16 11:21:10

thank you both for responding. Off now to vote!

moybenmar Thu 23-Jun-16 11:19:19

moybenmar Thu 23-Jun-16 11:19:19

moybenmar Thu 23-Jun-16 11:19:18

Granny23 Thu 23-Jun-16 10:50:26

My DH's views are also very clear. We have postal votes and he did the actual voting bit himself but I had to show him where to sign and did the, slightly complicated, folding and sealing then posted them.

As a Polling Agent for my Party, I have assisted several people to vote in the polling station booth when requested. They have included people who are blind, have special needs, learning disabilities, are illiterate, or have a shaking disease. I have never had a problem with ascertaining their wishes and helping them to vote.

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 23-Jun-16 10:21:24

I think if he asks you for help, then you should give it.

annsixty Thu 23-Jun-16 10:12:32

I will have to help my H but his views are clear. He may not understand the wording as I don't know how it is put yet but he has known he want to remain so
I will help him if I need to .

moybenmar Thu 23-Jun-16 09:39:02

my husband has a voting card and also alzheimers. The question is "should I help him to fill it in" .Bearing in mind there are thousands of people in this country suffering from this horrible disease I am sure I am not the only carer with this predicament. I am going to cast my vote and he may or may not ask for my help to fill in his form so, any thoughts anyone?