Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Im a novice

(66 Posts)
MarySunshine Sat 02-Jul-16 18:04:17

Ive just signed up here to this site and stumbling my way about ... not very well, I might add! Just become a Nan to a beautiful boy and now need to feel like the Nan I have become by chatting and getting to know others on the same boat.. Its so exciting but all my 'non-nan' friends are sick of the photos coming out and my ramblings on about this wonderful little child just four weeks old..
Ive been reading through and trying to find a discussion to fit myself into but I dont get the abbreviations used on here and Ive never used a forum before

Any tips would be very welcome ..
Thanks (smile)

GandTea Sat 02-Jul-16 20:55:16

oh bugger !!! going for a lie down in a darkened room

GandTea Sat 02-Jul-16 20:56:57

Not to myself -- do not drink 1 1/2 bottles of wine over lunch.

annsixty Sat 02-Jul-16 21:05:17

As you can see, don't take anything including yourself too seriously.

MarySunshine Sat 02-Jul-16 21:16:40

Hey this is great Im so glad I joined up you seem like a good fun crowd ..
Thankyou all for your welcome ..
Ive worked out profiles and tried to tidy up my own .. Theres so much here my brain is frazzled and Im off for a soak in the tub

GandTea Sat 02-Jul-16 21:25:29

whatever you do MS, do not take me seriously (especially tonight)

Deedaa Sat 02-Jul-16 21:25:50

Welcome Mary If you read a few of the threads you'll soon find people who sound as if they're on your wavelength and, with a bit of luck, they'll think the same about you smile Just throw in a comment if you think it's relevant and see what happens. Be ready to duck but you're fairly safe cos the older ones can't throw very straight grin

numberplease Sat 02-Jul-16 21:36:17

Welcome Marysunshine, what a beautiful area you live in.

Bellanonna Sat 02-Jul-16 22:03:07

Welcome, and what a gorgeous little grandson you have.

Grannyknot Sat 02-Jul-16 22:36:46

gandt grin.

Coolgran65 Sat 02-Jul-16 23:21:30

Previous poster said if you click on blue name you can see the profile.
This doesn't work for me.
Nothing happens.
What am I missing. ? sad
Please help

Coolgran65 Sat 02-Jul-16 23:23:34

I meant, what am I missing in doing it correctly to see profiles smile

harrigran Sat 02-Jul-16 23:55:05

Welcome and congratulations. Lots of tips and support on here, when you have to bite your tongue in real life you can have a rant.

breeze Sun 03-Jul-16 07:38:51

Welcome MarySunshine. It seems you have brought the sunshine with you as it's a lovely sunny day today! Soops kitchen will love to see your gorgeous grandson photos and will coo over him. He looks adorable, love the one where he's a bit cross! Congratulations on becomming a Gran smile

Pippa000 Sun 03-Jul-16 07:48:50

Congratulations and welcome. Hope you have as much enjoyment from the forum as I do.

MarySunshine Sun 03-Jul-16 08:02:15

Wow what a lovely warm welcome you have all given me. Thanks for the compliments on my little one .. I just cant believe how much happiness he has brought to my life. I wasnt expecting this.
I look forward to getting to know you better as I find my way around this site and the different forums and the checking out the local too x

Coolgran65 Im not sure what you mean but some user names are in blue and some in black. If you click on the blue names it should open the users profile in another window. The names in black arnt links so nothing happens .. Hope this has helped (smile)

GandTea Sun 03-Jul-16 08:02:43

MarySunshine, Good morning and welcome. OMG, looking back at my posts, I was rather inebriated last night. Had some family over and was drinking all afternoon.

BBbevan Sun 03-Jul-16 10:07:40

Welcome Marysunshine and congratulations on your new GC. What a lovely, uplifting name you have. Makes you feel better just by reading it

Teetime Sun 03-Jul-16 10:11:40

Hallo marysunshine congrats on the new little one and welcome on here -please bring us some sunshine - really and metaphorically.

MarySunshine Sun 03-Jul-16 10:54:51

Dont we just need sunshine! I take my name from a character in my favourite show CHICAGO it has a nice happy ring to it. Wake up in the morning to sunshine and it surely does brighten the day.

GandTea Your posts last night made me smile Hope you dont have a sore head this morning!

shysal Sun 03-Jul-16 11:08:45

Welcome and congratulations *MarySunshine. You have years of fun ahead.

Newquay Mon 04-Jul-16 08:43:11

A warm welcome Marysunshine both to GN and to being a Gran too?
Do they live near enough to you for regular (steady now!) visits?
You'll enjoy GN-folks from all over the world let alone UK. And as others have said you can comment/seek advice on anything.
I'm going to try to add my profile now, so I've learned something from you too already.
Lovely photos? How clever you are uploading photos, that's something else I'll have to learn.

Newquay Mon 04-Jul-16 08:46:08

Mm my name is black-how do I get onto it to add anything then?

tanith Mon 04-Jul-16 09:11:14

Newquay scroll right down to the bottom of the page where you will see Gransnet shortcuts, over on the right you will see profile click on that.

Nandalot Mon 04-Jul-16 09:23:25

Welcome Mary Sunshine. You will love being a Nan. Plenty on Gransnet to choose,but be warned, can become a bit time consuming. Hope you are not too house proud!

Nannyanny Mon 04-Jul-16 10:44:40

ME TOO. Just become nanny Annie! Over the moon. IVe waited a very long time. I've been reading posts here forever and hoping, so now I am official. Hallo everyone.