Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Cordless vacuum cleaners - help!

(56 Posts)
Thrillednanny Sun 04-Sep-16 14:38:17

I really don't feel I can manage my very heavy Dyson anymore & am quite impressed with the look of the new cordless ones. A friend has a GTech AirRam which she loves but DH is convinced the Dyson V6 looks much better & is cheaper. My worry is it has all the weight at the top which makes it look awkward & only had 20 mins running time. Can anyone recommend one or the other? All help gratefully received!

vintage1950 Wed 07-Sep-16 15:48:00

We bought a gTech AirRam. Our neighbour is thrilled with hers but my daughter has long hair (comes halfway down her back) which snarled up the rollers. We tried cutting it out but no luck. Eventually we threw it away.
So if nobody in your household has long hair it's probably great. Otherwise, think twice.

moobox Wed 07-Sep-16 17:05:07

I have a lower powered Dyson, but it is good, so I am sure if I had the V6 or above it would do instead of a standard vacuum

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 07-Sep-16 20:30:52

I bought a Morphy Richards one. It's the red one. It's awful. It's heavy. It knackers me out. It always needs emptying. If you get your thumb in the wrong place it switches the thing off. I HATE IT!!!

I have just done round with it and I am about to throw it outside the back door. When I've had a rest.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 07-Sep-16 20:33:36

Fourth one down here

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 08-Sep-16 11:54:29

I killed this thread didn't I. With me wingeing. Soz.