Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What's for breakfast?

(84 Posts)
Riverwalk Thu 22-Sep-16 08:23:28

Anyone had breakfast yet? I can't decide - but it will involve eggs.

Think I'll have an espresso in the meantime - decisions, decisions. brew

Wobblybits Wed 28-Sep-16 09:51:58

Porridge -- again, get porridge every morning.

cornergran Wed 28-Sep-16 10:31:43

bowl of mixed fruit at 9am. Currently two chocolate digestive biscuits - checking if they are of a good enough standard for the builders grin

Greyduster Wed 28-Sep-16 11:20:58

Well, the chocolate banana brownie will cut the mustard for pud, but I had to have another piece just to make sure! If it has banana in it does it count as one of my five a day I wonder? hmm

DanniRae Wed 28-Sep-16 18:17:11

Hi BBbevan sorry what is LCHF eating? confused

BBbevan Wed 28-Sep-16 20:08:44

DanniRae There is a whole thread on GN. Look in Diet and excercise. It is Low Carbohydrate High Fat. So very little rice, pasta, potatoes,bread etc. But full fat cream, yogurt and cheese
And lots of salads, leafy vegetables and some fruits and meat. . I started it when I was diagnosed diabetic 6 months ago. I have since reversed my diagnoses and have never felt better.
Do join us on the Low Carb Support thread if you want to learn more. You might find it very interesting

tiredoldwoman Thu 29-Sep-16 05:16:13

2 eggs fried in olive oil this morning . I've fallen off the LCHF over the past few days , feeling and looking like a stodgy
dumpling ! Back on track this morning . Having eggs for brekkie keeps me hungerless until about mid-afternoon , whereas with a carb one I'm hungry by 10 am !

hildajenniJ Thu 29-Sep-16 08:45:04

Smoked streaky bacon inside a wholemeal finger roll. Cup of tea, just what I needed to start the day.

Ariadne Thu 29-Sep-16 09:29:18

Spinach, nectarine, banana and black currant smoothie. Two cups of proper coffee (columbian). No milk,