Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What discounts /reductions for 60+?

(103 Posts)
waldorfgrosi Fri 03-Mar-17 14:47:53

My husband and I will turn 60 next month. May I ask you what kind of discounts you are aware that we could benefit from? We live in the south-east and are both working.
One of the reasons for asking is that my dry cleaner asked me yesterday if there was a member in my household who was over 60 as the would offer a 10% discount (needless to say that my hopes of looking in my late 40s went out of the window at that point).grin

mumpsimus2020 Sat 15-Aug-20 21:37:32

waldorfgrosi

My husband and I will turn 60 next month. May I ask you what kind of discounts you are aware that we could benefit from? We live in the south-east and are both working.
One of the reasons for asking is that my dry cleaner asked me yesterday if there was a member in my household who was over 60 as the would offer a 10% discount (needless to say that my hopes of looking in my late 40s went out of the window at that point).grin

You might find this site is worth a look, it contains a directory of perks and benefits available to the over-sixties - oversixtiesperks.co.uk

Hellogirl1 Sun 16-Aug-20 00:12:26

This is the first time I`ve seen this thread. Craftycat, I think I`ll move to your neck of the woods. I`m 77, and still being charged by the council for removal of large items, charge varies depending on the items.