Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What should I do with it?

(105 Posts)
phoenix Tue 23-May-17 18:54:07

Evening all, a minor thing in light of today's events, but I seek advice.

On Sunday, whilst taking a dish of lovely, golden, crispy roast potatoes from the oven, my attention was drawn to the fact that there was a hole in my oven gloves.

As the message of intense heat transferred itself from my finger to the receptors in my brain, I was forced to say "golly gosh, crickey, that's a tad warm"

Actually, that is a fib blush, I hopped around the kitchen (God knows what the hopping was supposed to achieve, it just seemed to happen, a reflex I suppose) shouting "f#c#, bu££er, sh%t"

Of course I was left with a blister. This is now, Tuesday evening, seeming to get larger and amusing itself by throbbing gently.

It currently covers about half of the third section of my finger, and is playing havoc with various everyday functions. confused

Now, do I just leave it to possibly get bigger and throbbier, or should I pop it, bung on some Germolene (love that smell, takes me back to grazed knees and roller skates!) and add a plaster?

The dish of potatoes made it safely to the worktop, God knows how.

Jalima1108 Sun 28-May-17 22:34:32

LOL

Elegran Sun 28-May-17 22:47:31

Washing up is one of the big hazards to the blister now that it has burst. The manky water gets inside under the soggy skin, and it is FULL of nasties. This is when you really need the plaster (changed frequently) and the Marigolds. Keep a close eye on it.

Jalima1108 Sun 28-May-17 23:12:09

Just get someone else to do it!!
I don't think I washed up for weeks when I had blisters on my finger*s*.
We nearly ran out of crockery. grin

Elizabeth1 Mon 29-May-17 06:33:23

Please tell me you've thrown the offending oven gloves out angry