Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Is this a sure sign of Cheating

(47 Posts)
Serkeen Thu 10-Aug-17 00:43:22

My sister came to me upset because her husband came home yesterday evening and when he was changing for bed she noticed that his underpants were inside out, she had seen him getting ready in the morning and she said that his underpants were on the right way round.

I did not know what to say to her, she suspects that he has cheated on her, what do you think, really could do with your opinions.

rosesarered Fri 11-Aug-17 14:04:57

He just didn't notice ,that's all it could be.
I would never have drawn other conclusions had it been me, but then I don't suspect my DH of affairs.

Serkeen Fri 11-Aug-17 14:26:19

rosesarered he went out with pants on the right way and came home with pants inside out, I don't understand what bit he did not notice.

BlueBelle Fri 11-Aug-17 14:34:51

Oh dear it's such a minute thing to cling onto and you ll probably never know ... if there are lots of other signs of cheating fair enough but just this one thing is diddly squit
I ve gone out with my top inside out before now but it was nothing to do with an amorous connection unfortunately

Ana Fri 11-Aug-17 14:39:38

Yes, but did you go out with your top on the right way out at come home with it inside out without knowing how that happened, Blue Belle?

Jalima1108 Fri 11-Aug-17 15:35:21

This is the sort of thing men don't even think about when they're up to things, but women notice.
If women notice these things then why didn't the lover notice
Unless the supposed lover is another man.

Perhaps your sister and her DH both need to go to Specsavers?

Riverwalk Fri 11-Aug-17 15:47:54

'but it seems most people feel that he did not cheat..'

No, most people feel that it's not a sure sign that he's cheated - not quite the same thing.

I do know of two men who did cheat and underpants played a part - both suddenly became concerned with the state of their undergarments and insisted on new ones.

Also one started to have a wash and blow-dry, rather than a trip to the barbers

Norah Fri 11-Aug-17 17:46:50

He may be a cheater, his underpants direction is just not proof.

FarNorth Fri 11-Aug-17 17:53:31

It's a little bit more suspicious that he said he did not remember.
Surely the normal answer would be "They must have been like that all day." Or "I must have done that at the gym." (for instance)

Coolgran65 Fri 11-Aug-17 18:24:48

Not a sure sign of cheating...... but weird.

BlueBelle Fri 11-Aug-17 19:00:07

Ana no I didn't but no one really knows the posters husband did that either. I fail to believe that she took that much notice of his underpants when he got dressed that morning well unless she was already super suspicious, most married couples, unless they are newly married, couldn't even tell you what the partner was wearing let alone if their pants were inside out
Yes of course he could be cheating I just don't think the under pant debacle is proof

Jalima1108 Fri 11-Aug-17 19:47:42

um, perhaps I should go and check DH's underpants - I don't even know which ones he has on today.

But then, we have been together all day long.
(That makes a change.)

kittylester Fri 11-Aug-17 20:07:26

He might have Alzheimer's!

Christinefrance Fri 11-Aug-17 20:14:03

As others have said I think there is more going on here than inside out pants. If there are suspicions ask him outright and bring things into the open.
It's a big leap from wonky knickers to Alzheimer's I think.

Serkeen Sat 12-Aug-17 09:34:48

Ok thanks everyone much appreciated smile

I think was has come to light is that the inside pants alone are not proof of cheating and that perhaps my sister does has a suspicious nature, which she does a little.

Like someone said ..we will never know !!

I was asked about my DH and if he was out of hospital yet, yes he is a bit traumatic when he came out because he had to go on dialysis which was absolutely horrendous but all settled down loads now Thank you for asking smile

Serkeen Sat 12-Aug-17 09:36:06

sorry about the typos sad in a bit of a rush

Serkeen Mon 14-Aug-17 09:29:54

Conclusion....after having a good chat with my sister she decided that as there are no other signs that he may have cheated, she is letting the matter go, and asked that I thank gransnetters for their kind in put, she has now decided to become a gransnetter herself because of all the most relevant support gained smile

Serkeen Tue 15-Aug-17 08:51:40

PS Was asked about my DH, he is out of hospital now smile on dialysis however but things going in the right direction, was a horrible three months but all behind us now.

MissAdventure Tue 15-Aug-17 16:16:48

Glad things are ok, pants wise, and husband wise, serkeen. smile

Serkeen Tue 15-Aug-17 19:27:27

Thank you so much MissAdventure

FarNorth Tue 15-Aug-17 22:57:23

Glad to hear your husband's home and doing better, Serkeen.
Also that your sister wants to join this bunch of oldies who have taken such an interest in her husband's pants. grin

Rbut Wed 16-Aug-17 07:15:33

Is your sister someone who gets worried easily, or gets unreasonably jealous? Just the fact that your sister noticed and was upset, makes me think there are other signs she has picked up on, maybe unconsciously. So, yes, I would be very suspicious.