Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

If you could

(48 Posts)
grannylyn65 Sun 13-Aug-17 08:03:30

Have an extra body part, what it be? I want another pair of hands, especially when it say'press 2 sides together and remove , can't b****y reach ?

Legs55 Mon 14-Aug-17 11:19:45

Would have to hands that work, I have peripheral neuropathy which causes loss of feeling in the finger tips. I can't wear sandles with buckles, do up buttons, tie knots or bows & don't get me started on opening anything with the "push & turn"grin

Rosina Mon 14-Aug-17 11:24:00

Double the energy please - I hate being knocked out after half a day when I used to be a whirlwind of activity. Now I am just a sluggish draught!

win Mon 14-Aug-17 11:35:35

for the ones of you who struggle with your bladder, you really do not have to. Pelvic floor exercises help for sure, but there are so many tablet that will sort an over active bladder and indeed a stressed one, that you don't have to suffer. I take Betmiga 50 mg (Mirabegon). Good luck.

I would like a new spine, mine hurt so much despite a back operation 4 weeks ago.

Mamar2 Mon 14-Aug-17 11:40:27

I have ME/CFS so a new body for me would be great ?

mags1234 Mon 14-Aug-17 11:42:22

Terribull, I think u should ask for your thyroid to be re tested. I found it ages till I got the exact doseage I needed, worth making a nuisance of yourself till they get it right. I was allowed to get blood tests by the nurse. Eventually it resolved itself, quite rare, and I'm off that med. mind u, I'm very tired but it's due to joint pains and age!

glammanana Mon 14-Aug-17 11:50:52

Terribull Agree as above but also have your iron count checked mine was very very low and I felt awfully tired all the time,after a 6 week course of high dosage iron suppliment from my doctor my count rose considerably and I feel so much better.

Diggingdoris Mon 14-Aug-17 11:52:21

New head of hair please as I'm getting very thin on top. It's a worry when I look at the hairbrush each day and see how much I've lost in 24 hours.

DanniRae Mon 14-Aug-17 12:29:44

Terribull - Yes go back to the doctor and get another check. My sister-in-law (65) has an underactive thryroid, is on medication for it, and runs marathons regularly. Mind you my thyroid is normal, I am no medication and I couldn't run to the end of my garden!!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 14-Aug-17 13:16:42

I'd like to have extra brain cells which can cope with the stuff I can't get my head round - like science, maths and mechanics.
It's greedy but to go with it I'd like to be extra strong so that I can lift things and undo lids without huffing and puffing. Extra height so that I can prune the tops of my (albeit) little trees and clean the top of the car without needing a step.

Glenfinnan Mon 14-Aug-17 13:35:10

I agree with MONica I would like more staminia so that when I sit down to watch my favourite tv programme I don't fall asleep!

grandMattie Mon 14-Aug-17 13:43:34

Like several of you, I would like eyes that see... Mine have been rubbish [squint, one long one short-sighted eye...] all my life.
Thick hair? grin

nannypiano Mon 14-Aug-17 14:08:43

I can quite agree with the low energy levels of hypothyroidism, and wish I could feel normal again. I had a thyroidectomy 20 years ago and have had no energy since then. I am now seeing an endriconoligist to have my thyroxin adjusted. So maybe there is something that can be done .... I hope so anyway. Then to top it all, I suffered a stroke 3 months ago, so don't need body parts just a new body.

luluaugust Mon 14-Aug-17 15:02:48

New shoulder and some more energy please.

Gaggi3 Mon 14-Aug-17 16:39:56

Several things mentioned here appeal to me. I'd like the energy, teeth and my colon (missing now for 18 years) back.

starlily106 Mon 14-Aug-17 19:14:31

A new nose. I was told a few months ago that I have rhinophyma. I have a patch growing on my nose which is gradually growing bigger and is very red at times. I am so self conscious about it, and although my doctor has said that it won't be noticeable to other people, it is, quite a few have asked about it. I am terrified that I may get what some people call boozers nose, which usually affects men, but i watched a programme on TV a few nights ago about a woman who had developed it.

Spangles1963 Mon 14-Aug-17 20:32:52

I think an extra bladder would be useful. Save me having to get out of bed at 4 in the morning. Failing that, an extra heart,that would kick in if anything goes wrong with the first one.

Peaseblossom Mon 14-Aug-17 23:38:13

An arm, but not for me, for my sister. She has recently had her arm amputated at the shoulder due to a very aggressive cancer. Took 5 months for them to do a biopsy, after saying it was a tendon that had snapped and rolled up when a tennis ball sized lump appeared on the inside of her upper arm overnight and told at a few appointments, don't think it's cancer. She is about to have 6 weeks of radiotherapy 5 days a week.

W11girl Tue 15-Aug-17 07:55:04

A new back please...currently have compressed fracture of the spine.(Osteoporisis)...disabling me from doing all the things I would like to do... but musn't give up! ...healing slowly...until the next time! Oh and a new big toe on my right foot...and a pair of hips....and some new hair....Am I asking for too much!!

travelsafar Tue 15-Aug-17 08:13:26

New teeth, more hair, new layer of skin especially for my hands i have a dermatitis problem and the skin has been ruined over the years using steriod creams to calm flare ups and is hyper sensitive to anything.

In fact if i could have anything take me back to when i was aged 15 and everything was in really good condition and i was on the cusp of being a young lady!!!!smile

kazgran Tue 15-Aug-17 19:20:49

I'd like lovely new feet without the bunions I have inherited!

FarNorth Tue 15-Aug-17 22:21:27

I'd like a pair of wings, please. If there are none left, I've always thought a long swishy tail could be fun.

maddy629 Wed 16-Aug-17 07:30:17

grannylyn65 I would love new legs that don't let me down, so that I can go out without a stick. My balance is rubbish, I fall at the drop of a hat angry