Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Wall mounted TV!

(35 Posts)
cornergran Tue 05-Sep-17 22:23:33

Oh how I agree moocow.

phoenix Tue 05-Sep-17 22:21:57

But kitty, please can you answer my question, as I'm still not sure which type you are asking about!

Moocow Tue 05-Sep-17 21:30:58

Wall mounted tvs on party walls should definitely be illegal! Sorry, just had to say.

kittylester Tue 05-Sep-17 21:15:10

I watch Breakfast in the morning but what I really like is Pointless and the news at 6pm. But tvs now play the radio!

phoenix Tue 05-Sep-17 21:04:57

Iam not daft at all, we have only 1 tv, in the sitting room. I too am a Radio 4 fan, don't put the tv on until I go through to the sitting room round about 7.30 pm, but each to their own!

cornergran Tue 05-Sep-17 19:58:58

Had one in the kitchen in the last house, it passed the time nicely. Looked neat and tidy. Can I put in a plea to think carefully if anyone is contemplating wall mounting a tv on a party wall. Our neighbour has done so and we discovered that sound travels through the party wall beautifully. Otherwise I think they are a good plan, especially in a kitchen. Go for it kitty.

Iam64 Tue 05-Sep-17 19:30:28

We had a small tv put on the wall when we extended the kitchen area a few years ago. I still listen to Radio 4 and I've never put that tv on. I save TV for when I'm sitting down in the evening. Daft I know.

phoenix Tue 05-Sep-17 19:29:39

When you say "tucked away" kitty do you mean one of those fold down ones, that sort of store under the over counter cupboards?

LadyGracie Tue 05-Sep-17 19:10:36

It's nice to have a tv in the kitchen/diner, ours is wall mounted so I can clearly see it whilst preparing a meal or cooking and when I'm in the conservatory.

kittylester Tue 05-Sep-17 18:56:43

I've thrown my toys out of the pram and decided that I want a TV that I can watch in the kitchen rather than the tucked away one I currently watch.

Any dos and donts? I'm usually in the kitchen but we sit around in there quite a lot.