Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Comfortable Winter Boots.

(13 Posts)
hildajenniJ Thu 28-Sep-17 11:58:22

I have a problem finding boots for winter. I'm looking for a pair of comfortable, waterproof ankle boots.
The problem I have is a bunionette (a bunion on the little toe joint on the outside of my foot). My favourite boots are no longer comfortable, which is a pity as I love them.? All summer I have been wearing Sketchers shoes with air cooled memory foam insoles. Sketchers boots are mostly fabric, so wouldn't stand up to the northern winter rain and sleet. Could any of you ladies point me in the direction of a pair of comfy ankle boots.

lemongrove Thu 28-Sep-17 13:37:43

hilda have a look on the thread called Ankle Boots that I started yesterday.smile

lemongrove Thu 28-Sep-17 13:38:12

On Chat threads.

BBbevan Thu 28-Sep-17 14:03:29

Try Josef Seibel. They are German, extremely well made and the most comfortable shoes I have ever had. They do lots of Boots too. They are a tad expensive but I have a pair of shoes I have worn a lot for nine years and they are still going strong.

Welshwife Thu 28-Sep-17 15:01:27

I bought Marks and Sparks Footglove boots last year - really comfortable and had people asking where I got them! This year they have lots of ankle boot styles - I would like another pair slightly but taller than ankle boots.

chelseababy Thu 28-Sep-17 16:19:29

I have the Footglove boots too - so comfy. I need another pair!

midgey Thu 28-Sep-17 16:37:45

I like Hotter shoes, I'm not a boot fan as I usually wear skirts, but I did notice some really nice ones in their catalogue. I have some Hotter walking shoes which are waterproof and very comfortable. I think they have an offer on at the moment!

hildajenniJ Thu 28-Sep-17 18:30:40

I've trawled the internet, and found a pair of grey Hotter ankle boots with 47% off! I've ordered them. When I told DH, he produced a Cotton Traders catalogue with some really lovely ankle boots, I am sorely tempted to order a pair of those too.
I wear lots of jeggings and tunics, so prefer ankle boots to shoes.

Mapleleaf Fri 29-Sep-17 08:43:54

Go for it hildajenniJ - you can always return them if they're not suitable, and if they are, you can ring the changes! ?

Witzend Fri 29-Sep-17 11:32:58

I have a nice Hotter pair of red ankle boots that don't look granny-ish. OK, I'm a granny, and I have trouble getting comfortable shoes, but I still don't want anything old-lady-ish.
For indoors - anyone with cold feet? I absolutely LOVE my house boots from Celtic Sheepskin. Live in them indoors all through colder months. You can wear them outside, too - soles just not as heavy as the outdoor ones. I have some of those, too - so cosy and perfect with skinny jeans/leggings, etc.

I'm on 2nd pair of house boots now. First was a Christmas present from Dh - after heavy hints and leaving the catalogue with size and style clearly circled on his desk. At least it saved him racking brains while traipsing round the shops.

Gmala Fri 29-Sep-17 14:22:34

I also have had M&S foot glove boots. Having a broad foot, I've found Hotter to be super comfy, different width fittings and half sizes too. Their 'Jewel' shoes are lovely.....got 4 pairs!!!! Look out for special offers, also very helpful, not pushy if you ring to order ?

Maryj68 Sun 01-Oct-17 14:24:06

Hi...can I suggest looking at equestrian wear or country pursuit styles...these are generally better made and more comfortable than fashion boots... There are always lovely long and short styles available and usually in various width fittins.

lovingit Sun 01-Oct-17 19:23:29

I have fashion boots,wellies and riding /yard boots but need dog walking boots now the woods are so wet and muddy
Any recommendations?
Waterproof,not too heavy,good soles and comfy....I am dizzy at looking online,the choice is vast.