Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Internet flowers

(28 Posts)
grannyactivist Tue 03-Oct-17 10:17:51

I recently received flowers by post/courier. They came from a company that I've seen advertised on the internet and whose website promises wonderful bouquets. When they arrived they were one of the saddest bunches of flowers imaginable - like the worst of 'garage' flowers. It was a 'bunch' of flowers, not a bouquet, the petals were crushed because they were in full flower, several of the stems were broken, they were in a cheap plastic 'garage type' wrapper and to be honest they looked as if they cost £3.99. They did in fact cost £23.99 - the box they came in was more attractive!!
I contacted the company and received an immediate apology and they sent replacement flowers, so I can't fault their after sales service, but it got me thinking about all the times I've sent flowers and wondering if the recipients were actually pleased with what they received.

So what's been your experience and which companies would/wouldn't you recommend?

Newquay Thu 05-Oct-17 09:21:47

Another sister in law and I, last night decided on Interflora. Flowers certainly LOOK good-will let you know. . .

grannyactivist Thu 05-Oct-17 16:33:46

I was talking about this with my mother-in-law who frequently receives flowers and she said that M&S and Waitrose or the local florist are consistently good.