Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What do you Eat

(79 Posts)
Serkeen Fri 06-Oct-17 10:48:12

I have often wondered what a slim person eats in a day. I am 10 stone 9 but would like to loose some weight.

Yesterday for eg I ate

Breakfast 2 boiled eggs one slice brown bread seeded toasted

Lunch Baked vegetables for

Diner Angus steak burger and around six chips

Snack 7 Dates

That was quite a good day... On a bad day I would eat far too many snacks in the form of crisps and I can manage a whole bag of popcorn on my own quite happily

I usually have a 20 minute walk most days

What is a good day for you and I am soo interested in what is a bad day too smile

Tegan2 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:31:42

I've been away for 4 weeks and have put on many pounds and several inches. If food is there [and put in front of me] I will just eat and eat. If it isn't there, I'll just eat what I need [which isn't very much]. The more I exercise the less I want to eat. Because I've been away and staying in someone elses house I just became very sedentary. If the weather was good I'd go out walking but, if it was cold or wet I just want to hibernate [and then eat a lot]. I was also watching box sets late at night [couldn't watch what I wanted during the day as had to wait for the S.O. to go to bed...don't like watching favourite programmes with him as he talks through them!] and snacking late at night [something I don't do at home]. Even so, I reckon that when I eat the amount of food that puts weight on, I'm still only eating what a lot of people eat all the time. Reckon I wrecked my metabolism by crash dieting so much in my youth. I've also been eating bread again [the food of the devil].

Serkeen Tue 10-Oct-17 10:07:21

willow500 What I can tell you is when I feel like that it is when I have not been taking care of myself foodwise.

However you may be pre diabetic or even a diabetic, please make a Doctors appointment and have that ruled out smile

Teetime Tue 10-Oct-17 10:25:33

serkeen so glad you found myfitnesspal helpful- I'm doing it for a few weeks now. Also if you look at www.NHS Choices there is a week by week plan and chart with advice on healthy eating that I find very helpful.