Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Escalators

(6 Posts)
Tippy22 Thu 02-Nov-17 09:58:51

Thank you for all your responses. I've had my eyes checked recently and have new lenses but I had this problem before the new lenses so it can't be the glasses. I'm on medication for high blood pressure wbich hasn't changed for many years. I've also suffered with tinnitus all my life and must admit it's getting worse. When i mentioned it to my doctor she just said I'll refer you to the tinnitus clinic. I'm not sure if anything can be done about tinnitus.

annsixty Thu 02-Nov-17 09:37:49

I have no problem going up, I can't use them to come down, I have to struggle with stairs if no lift is available.
Just to look at that downward escalator makes my head spin and I know I would fall.

vampirequeen Thu 02-Nov-17 09:27:54

Definitely get a check up. I'm always nervous on escalators and always hold on tightly.

ElaineI Wed 01-Nov-17 23:56:04

And ears. Ears control balance.

Devorgilla Wed 01-Nov-17 17:14:10

I would suggest getting your eyes checked as I experienced this when I had eye problems. Also, a general health check for heart etc is wise.

Tippy22 Wed 01-Nov-17 17:04:10

I've never had a problem using escalators but the last few times I've used an escalator going up I've clung on to the handrail because I really felt I was going to fall backwards. It happened again today and I probably looked quite silly clinging on for dear life. Has anybody else experienced this. I've never had a problem before and was in admiration and envy of those that just seem to step on the escalator without even looking up from their phones.