Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Where do you go to let off steam

(58 Posts)
hopeful1 Sat 03-Feb-18 15:48:38

I've had an arguement with the entire family and stormed off in the car. Now sitting in Sainsburys car park wondering what to do next. I don't have any friends to share my problem with so will stay here til I feel better! Childish I know, and I do feel a bit stupid, but I need a bit of space. What do you do in your moment of angst?

Bathsheba Sun 04-Feb-18 21:22:51

I'm trying to get my head round Daisydoo's two posts, Sat 03-Feb-18 16:41:44 and Sat 03-Feb-18 16:43:10.
The first one seemed to be in answer to Oldmeg's post ("Hope you’re feel8ng less fraught hopeful - did you go into Sainsburys and buy yourself something special for tea?"), although that post was a question to the OP, hopeful1 confused. This was followed quickly by Daisydoo's second post saying they'd done the same as hopeful hmm
Are hopeful1 and Daisydoo2 one and the same person?

Cherrytree59 Sun 04-Feb-18 22:44:39

hmm strange
Just re-read the posts

Jalima1108 Sun 04-Feb-18 23:08:58

Bathsheba aka Sherlock - well spotted!

I thought having two usernames was against the rules? confused

Baggs Mon 05-Feb-18 06:01:53

It is. So maybe the OP changed her username between times. That was my immediate thought when I read daisydoo's first post yesterday. Does it matter?

In answer to the OP, been thinking about this and it seems I don't often get up enough steam to take it anywhere, iyswim. I just release it when and where, like a squealing, boiling kettle ?

Menopaws Mon 05-Feb-18 07:20:55

Understand Maw, I've done a few fantastic flounces that haven't been noticed, it's so disappointing but puts thing back into perspective I guess

MesMopTop Mon 05-Feb-18 07:54:36

Feel like exploding at the moment myself. DH managed yo break an attachment on my brand new vacuum. This place is like a tip and he’s watching flipping tv. I seriously want to crown him with said tv and stick remote somewhet his fingers can’t access it. I am seriously cheesed off at his carelessness when vacuuming and if his ruddy dog drools any more on my patio windows he’ll be joining poppa in the dog house. I know I’ve been getting him to do jobs around had house, but why oh why does he forget the corners and the nooks and crannies. If I didn’t need what’s left of my vacuum it would be going same place as I want to shove the temotes ??? So, for his own self preservation, he is going to come with me to the pizza shop. I want a pizza, some giant chocolate cookie and some proper chocolate. This will be done now, without any question, if he wants to stay on one piece. I can’t go in myself as I look like a bag lady down on her uppers and as he can’t drive my car he can’t go himself. Ye gods we’re a match made in heaven, not ??? anyway, off now to get my goodies with source of annoyance in tow ??

MawBroon Mon 05-Feb-18 08:38:07

I thought having two usernames was against the rules

Surely it is, jalima you could end up having a conversation/ argument with yourself grin

Mind you there have been some posters in the past who could have done that..............wink