Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What was your last "senior" moment?

(84 Posts)
NanaEm Fri 04-May-18 11:53:34

I was puzzled yesterday when I couldn't get through to my garage on my mobile. I checked the telephone number on my iPad and tried again, the number was correct apart from the fact that the first zero was missing. Penny dropped, I was using the calculator keypad on my mobile !!!

NanKate Sun 06-May-18 07:45:25

Love it Milly.

I like a good strong cuppa in the morning. Mine looked decidedly weak today, yes you are right I didn’t put a tea bag in the cup, what a wally ?

NanKate Sun 06-May-18 07:52:48

Hi JanT8 I use my Alexa to listen to the radio. I can verbally switch her on and off, increase and decrease the sound just using my voice.

I have typed up an extensive list of music I like and as the mood takes I might just say to Alexa ‘play me some relaxing music, or music by Paul Simon, Ed Sheran, 60s music’. Sometimes when I’m sitting quietly I ask her to play me a 5 minute guided meditation. She can give you a weather forecast too. I wouldn’t be without her, she resides in 3 rooms in our house !

Shesanana Sun 06-May-18 09:20:55

I was in Tesco at the self service till trying to scan my Tesco Club Card muttering about the stupid scanner. A nice young shop assistant came to my rescue. “That’s a Morrison’s card madam” he said blush

annodomini Sun 06-May-18 09:36:25

Yesterday, the main reason for going to Waitrose was to buy Ceylon leaf tea. I bought several other items ... but not tea. blush. Now I have to have Earl Grey for breakfast.

fourormore Sun 06-May-18 09:43:21

Bank cards don't double up as bus passes either! grin

Longdistancegrnny Sun 06-May-18 12:49:49

Met a friend for dinner the other evening and on our way to the pub I stopped and said "Look at those beautiful poppies!" She looked puzzled at the garden we were passing - the flowerbed was full of tulips! In my defence they were red! Mind you the chat that evening was full of the usual 'You know, what's her name, that road near the church, what's it called' type of conversation from both of us!

SparklyGrandma Sun 06-May-18 12:59:20

My central heating control is 4 footsteps from where I am sitting now, typing this. An evening last week, got up, switched heating off, walked 4 footsteps, asked myself ‘kDid I switch the heating off?’’ And had to take 4 footsteps back to check!

Seaside22 Sun 06-May-18 19:05:32

I was getting in the car with arms full of things to take with me, I put a pair of shoes on the roof while I unlocked the car , then drove off with the shoes still there, I had a driver behind me flashing his lights and pointing, I had no idea why, but pulled over, got out and discovered why !