Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Can you hear what I hear?

(35 Posts)
Coolgran65 Mon 20-Aug-18 23:07:12

Mawbroon..... I read your post as .... Sex in your ear.
Oh dear, time I was in bed.

Doodle Mon 20-Aug-18 23:04:15

Is it just now and then phoenix or continuous?
If you do have pain in your hear or neck it could be some sort of tension issue. I hope it's not tinnitus. I have that and it drives me potty sometimes (well actually I'm quite potty most of the time but you know what I mean)

phoenix Mon 20-Aug-18 22:57:20

grin

It didn't cover them before, Doodle!

Doodle Mon 20-Aug-18 22:55:39

Got there just before me maw grin

phoenix have you thought it could be the wind whistling past your ears now you have no hair to cover them?

Doodle Mon 20-Aug-18 22:53:36

??? hello earthling, alien landing force here. Take me to your leader.

phoenix Mon 20-Aug-18 22:53:35

Given the choice, Maw I'd pick the aliens, you never know, they might be the sort that like ironing and cleaning ovens?

MawBroon Mon 20-Aug-18 22:48:10

Maybe even wax in your ears?
Oh the joys of ageing.
Alternatively it could be aliens. ? ? ?

Melanieeastanglia Mon 20-Aug-18 22:35:26

At first, I wondered if you were describing tinnitus but you say it isn't inside your head.

If it persists, I think you should ask your GP but, with any luck, the noise will go away.

cornergran Mon 20-Aug-18 22:34:57

Could it be tinnitus Phoenix? Mine often seems to be external. Get thee to the doctor, if your head hurts as well you need checking out.

phoenix Mon 20-Aug-18 22:32:05

The problem is, no one else can confused

For about a week or so now I have been hearing a sort of "zizz" noise, a bit like when a fly lands on one of those blue light things in the butchers!

It's intermittent, and goes in bursts of two or three.

Yesterday I kept saying to Mr P "there! you must have heard that!, but he said he couldn't. He has had a heavy cold, so I put it down to that.

However, today I could hear it in the car, and also at work, so I'm reaching the conclusion that it's either little friendly aliens that have chosen to follow me around whilst trying to communicate, or that I'm losing my marbles sad

It doesn't feel as if the noise is in my head, so to speak, in other words not a buzzing in my ears, but definitely a sound coming from "outside" my head and into my ear.

I've checked to see if I can still hear it when still, thus eliminating any chance of fabric friction, and I can.

I would feel very foolish going to the GP at this stage blush although as the pain at the base of my skull is still quite bad, I suppose if I did have to go back about that, I could mention this thing.

Any advice appreciated!