Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Is there someone you want to say thank you to?

(55 Posts)
Applegran Sat 25-Aug-18 10:09:28

I wish I could say thank you to the midwife who looked after me when I was in labour with my daughter. I remember knowing that if you push too soon, it does damage and I said umpteen times: "I want to push! Can I push? I'm pushing!" Every time she patiently told me it was OK - never once did she say "I just answered that!" Her kindness made a huge difference to me - and of course I cannot find her now, decades later, to say a proper thank you. Is there someone you would like to say 'Thank you' to, but who you've lost touch with, or maybe they have died - but you still feel grateful?

cornergran Mon 27-Aug-18 20:57:13

We’ve experienced two serious car accidents. In one we came pretty close to losing our lives. The police officers attending on both occasions were so kind and efficient they made frightening experiences far more bearable. I’m not at all sure we thanked any of them at the time and so our heartfelt thanks to them all.

mothertrucker52 Tue 28-Aug-18 22:34:20

My man's former girlfriend who took him for a ride, made him miserable then buggered off, enabling me to move in and lick his wounds (so to speak!), her loss is my gain, she must be nuts to have thought she could find something better

Farmnanjulie Thu 06-Sep-18 15:32:20

Yes,I would like to say thank you to Burstead critical care ward ,Basildon hospital , Essex,I contracted sepsis after surgery and collapsed at home from liver failure,when admitted I was told another two or three hours alone at home ,I would have died,had cannula in chest for antibiotics,and they worked their butt of to keep me alive, I had 24 hour care with procedures every half hour,they did everything ,all through the night,were always caring and re assuring ,and were kindness itself, the microbiologist came down to explain he had to make a unique mix of antibiotics and they were the strongest he had ever made,hence having a tune in,but they were determined to get me through it!
After 8 weeks in hospital I came out !! Totally against the odds! Thank you to them!

M0nica Thu 06-Sep-18 16:59:30

Last week when on my daily walk on the footpaths round the village, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and my keys came too, without me realising until I got home. I didn't have the energy to re-walk the walk for about an hour and when I did, I couldn't find them.

Fortunately, the Co-op in the village is the centre for everything going on and on the following morning DH asked if any keys had been handed in when he bought the paper - and there they were! The finder left no name or contact details. so I cannot thank them.

Getting new house keys would have been irritating and time consuming but not that expensive. But a new car key was going to cost me in excess of £100!!!!!

So if you live on occupied north Berkshire and found some keys on a footpath near the A34 and handed them in at the Co-op - Thank you so much flowers