Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Psychic children?

(58 Posts)
Telly Mon 27-Aug-18 17:32:27

There is an online article today, think started by a thread on MN, about things children say and do that seem to be psychic or odd. My GS was about 2 when he suddenly said 'You used to be Nanny E!'. This took be back as Nanny E was my great grandmother who died in 1925. My own mother used to run errands for her. There is no way he could have known her name. Odd or what?

TwiceAsNice Wed 29-Aug-18 08:56:38

Presence not prescience

kathyd Wed 29-Aug-18 09:38:26

Not a child but an odd happening nevertheless.
My mother and her youngest sister were very close. My uncle and aunt used to spend the winters in Spain and I used to ring regularly to let them know how my mother was when she was in hospital.
One time I rang and before I said anything my aunt said, "Agnes has died hasn't she?" My uncle later told me that she had remarked that to him the evening before at exactly the time when she had died.

Katek Wed 29-Aug-18 09:44:04

MissAdventure gringrin !

goldengirl Wed 29-Aug-18 09:46:26

I often hear footsteps coming down the stairs in our house but never mention it to anyone apart for DH who's never heard them. However when the GC were around 3-4 each one has separately asked who the man is coming down the stairs - and on one occasion one of them asked who's the man in the hall? I've seen him once but not at the same time as any of the GC! Now they're older they've not mentioned him again.

Anniebach Wed 29-Aug-18 11:03:06

A little boy in the Junior School in Aberfan drew a sketch of his class room , he coloured areas with black pencil, he drew the clock on the wall with the time set at the time the tip came down , he died.

michel55 Wed 29-Aug-18 17:41:40

i am not sure if it the same but I have often the feeling there is someone around me..... it is very quick and like someone is moving, passing by me . I am always alone when it's happen ...I don't see anyone really but it is the feeling there is someone around but when I focus on the area I think there was something..... there is nothing ..

Maggiemaybe Wed 29-Aug-18 18:33:20

When I tripped and fell one morning and staggered home with bleeding knees, a bruised forehead and, it turned out later, a broken bone in my hand, I texted DD2 full of self pity to say that DH was still in bed and I was having to sort myself out. As she read the text, her DS1 (aged 2) said that he was just going to ring for an ambulance as an old lady had fallen over in the street and needed help. grin