Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Christmas gifts for grandson that lives overseas

(32 Posts)
GrandA Thu 15-Nov-18 22:23:56

Hello, I am new to this forum. I signed up not realizing that it is based in the UK. I live in the USA. My 7 month old grandson lives in Australia. He will be spending his first Christmas with us along with our daugther and SIL (Aussie). Any ideas what to get him that he can take back easily to Australia from the USA?

Thanks!

Whanau1 Sun 18-Nov-18 11:09:37

Give your DGS an heirloom type piece of jewellery or a watch etc. Something to be kept for him until he is older and can appreciate it. It is risky to post such valuables.
Give money for his parents to buy him an educational toy for Christmas once home.

pollyolly Sun 18-Nov-18 11:17:17

FENNEL When my dd lived in Lesotho, we sent her (for fun) a swim cap with velcro patches and balls with Velcro patches, the idea being one person to wear the cap and try to catch the thrown balls on it.
On her next visit to collect the parcel, which hadn't arrived, the lady in the post office was wearing it !

Fennel Sun 18-Nov-18 12:43:40

{grin} !

Jalima1108 Sun 18-Nov-18 12:46:01

My DGC enjoyed Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell, if you're thinking of a book.

moggie57 Sun 18-Nov-18 15:23:58

Something that can be activated baby ipad

JackyB Sun 18-Nov-18 17:26:58

Definitely something to amuse him on the plane. And books, books and more books - they can be packed flat and won't overload the luggage for the return journey. It sounds a bit impersonal, but you could also give your DD some money to start a savings account for him. The best present will be for you to talk to him, sing to him, and cuddle him.