Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Christmas gifts for grandson that lives overseas

(31 Posts)
agnurse Fri 16-Nov-18 01:43:16

I agree with the book idea. Fabulous.

Obviously your GC is a boy, but for a girl who's at least 4, I would suggest paper dolls. Those are flat and would be perfect for travel. Activity books are often a hit as well.

sukie Fri 16-Nov-18 01:27:47

Welcome GrandA, I am also in the USA. I enjoy this forum very much though I seldom post. About a gift for your 7 mo dgs, how about a book that could entertain him on the return trip. I'm thinking of a board book for example:

www.amazon.com/Peek-Baby-Lift-Flap-Book/dp/141693622X/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&keywords=peek+a+boo+board+book&tag=gransnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1542330784&sr=1-4

The "lift flap" books were popular with my dgc when young.

Grammaretto Fri 16-Nov-18 00:59:55

I have DGC across the seas . Once I located a, local to them, toy shop who delivered a present to their house.
I find it harder now they are older because I just don't know what they want. This applies to DGC closer to home too.

GrandmaFaye Fri 16-Nov-18 00:50:43

Hello GrandA,

Just saying hello. I too am from the USA. I didn’t know this was a forum based in the UK either until after I signed up.

I am sure you will find the perfect gift for your grandson.

Faye

Jalima1108 Thu 15-Nov-18 23:04:02

You could buy him something small that he can play with and give them some money to buy him at bigger present or something they think he needs when they get home again, or buy something light like a play mat.
Or a small gift and money for his savings account.

At 7 months he won't really know or understand.

GrandA Thu 15-Nov-18 22:23:56

Hello, I am new to this forum. I signed up not realizing that it is based in the UK. I live in the USA. My 7 month old grandson lives in Australia. He will be spending his first Christmas with us along with our daugther and SIL (Aussie). Any ideas what to get him that he can take back easily to Australia from the USA?

Thanks!