Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Taking photos of Christmas decorations

(40 Posts)
phoenix Sun 16-Dec-18 17:17:43

Evening all, sending good wishes.

I would like to take and post a photo of this year's attempt with our Trees, but the ones I have taken with my tablet are not very good. tchblush

Any hints or tips would be much appreciated!

phoenix Wed 19-Dec-18 19:08:25

Still doesn't look like it does in "real life" !

phoenix Wed 19-Dec-18 19:50:41

Still doesn't look like it does in "real life"

tchconfused

phoenix Wed 19-Dec-18 19:50:56

Bugger!

annodomini Wed 19-Dec-18 20:39:49

It looks very pretty and tasteful, phoenix. I wouldn't mind one like it in my house. As it is, I got my very small (but natural-looking) tree out of its drawer; a set of white 'star' lights and a set of little red lights. And that's it. I'll have to take it down on Saturday as I'm going to DS2's for Christmas.

Willow500 Wed 19-Dec-18 21:34:05

They look lovely Phoenix - I love twig trees and have one outside.

Auntieflo Wed 19-Dec-18 22:29:40

That is lovely Phoenix. You are a talented lot.

phoenix Wed 19-Dec-18 22:34:09

Thank you all!

Sort of following on from my "Mr P has lost the plot " thread, I think I may have compounded it, as for his last present I have ordered a light up wicker reindeer!

Might look good next to the trees, and the size of the gift wrapped box will get him thinking!

(Payback for the gift wrapped toilet seat?)

Cabbie21 Wed 19-Dec-18 23:28:28

Oh dear, we haven’t put our tree up yet. We are akways later than others as we have to wait till after DH’s birthday has passed. When we were children we didn’t have a tree till Christmas Eve.

Kateykrunch Thu 20-Dec-18 10:44:08

I love the twig trees, stunning.
Fab photos of everyones decorations.
The ‘watching while you sleep’ is hilarious, but creepy!

mumofmadboys Thu 20-Dec-18 12:50:21

That is lovely Phoenix.

morethan2 Thu 20-Dec-18 13:20:00

It’s lovely phoenix and all they are all so tasteful. In the kitchen the other day I described my Sunday with my grandchildren. They came to dress the tree while listening to the chipmunks sing Christmas followed by a Christmas dvd and sausages and tomatoe sauce and as a special treat no vegetables. They had a fabulous time but I’m now ashamed to open my front door showing the great green heap that is my Christmas tree tchblush. Oh well I hope it raises a smile for you all.

shysal Thu 20-Dec-18 17:04:42

Lovely phoenix! I have used the same snowflake decorations with some giant baubles on a Rowan tree in the communal car park.

Cherrytree59 Thu 20-Dec-18 17:19:13

Lovely trees Phoenix.tchsmile

morethan your tree is lovely and very special. Each time you look at it you will be reminded that you shared a very special time with your grandchildren ?.

Tomorrow our little grandchildren will be arriving for lunch, sausage and mash as requested and then they will decorate the Christmas tree, however it looks is fine by me.?

phoenix Thu 20-Dec-18 17:20:23

Thank you!

I added the icicle ones last year, and am pleased with how the add a different shape.

Don't think I will be adding any more baubles to the trees, running out of branches to hang them from!