Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Games threads fill the active list sometimes

(48 Posts)
tanith Thu 14-Feb-19 07:05:19

I’m pretty sure there is a way but I’ve yet to figure it out.
How do I stop seeing all the games threads on the Active list, it says I can customise in the green bar at the top of every thread but I must be blind or stupid because I can’t find it.

Help!!

BlueBelle Fri 15-Feb-19 11:10:39

I have NO circle with a v Tanith under the inbox or anywhere else that I can see
I ve tried Pogs instruction to click on the mobile site ( which takes you to desktop) The circle and v now appear I click on that and it gives me a number of things I can do but none of them are anything to do with deleting ? So I m still in a muddle with this one

BlueBelle Fri 15-Feb-19 11:14:31

Tabitha here’s a screenshot of my page no circle visible
And of the messages I get doing it Pogs way

BlueBelle Fri 15-Feb-19 11:19:23

Sorry tanith the iPad keeps changing your name
Now a screenshot of Pogs way

POGS Fri 15-Feb-19 12:27:00

BlueBelle

' I find the first time I click on it a bar appears at the bottom, the 2 and time I click on it the full list of options is displayed and you choose ' Hide this discussion ' as Piticity kindly pointed out."
---

Have you clicked twice? The bar at the bottom would go and the full menu appears

It looks as though your tablet is displaying the exact same as others as your screenshot obviously shows ' the tiny circle with a v in it'. It also shows the 'bar' at the bottom which is coloured maroon.

Click on the ' tiny circle with a v in it' again after the maroon bar appears and it should display a full menu which has 'Hide this discussion'.

10/10 for effort smile

tanith Fri 15-Feb-19 12:27:34

Bluebell look through the list when you click on the circle it’s the third one down on the left hide this discussion.

tanith Fri 15-Feb-19 12:28:51

snap POGS ?

POGS Fri 15-Feb-19 13:33:37

grin

FountainPen Fri 15-Feb-19 13:55:00

Question for the moderators.

Last year, I seem to recall a thread from the mods asking what changes we would like to see in the organisation of the forum.

Separating the games so they don't dominate the "last" and "active" tabs was requested by many, many people. Were these requests ever passed to the developers and are they working on it?

Hiding individual threads is fine but I don't want to have to go through this filtering routine every time someone starts a new game.

BlueBelle Sat 16-Feb-19 06:23:12

Thanks folks I DO click on hide this discussion but nothing happens the game thread still stays exactly as it was it doesn’t go and I m frustrated I have a problem with all these darn games threads filling up my list

BlueBelle Sat 16-Feb-19 06:27:12

The first screenshot shows no v on the mobile site I only get the v when I change to the desktop site that’s fine
Then I get all the messages but it makes no difference when I click it doesn’t get rid of the thread it just stays there looking at me with great defiance in its eyes

Riverwalk Sat 16-Feb-19 06:38:12

There's one important subject that divides GN members right down the middle - it's not Brexit but the infernal Games taking up centre page grin

Some people, otherwise pleasant and normal, actually play the games and inflict the pain on the other half! We know who you are wink

NanKate Sat 16-Feb-19 07:14:49

Hi folks I feel I must put my hands up ? as I am the instigator of many games. I listen to a programme on Radio Southern Counties who introduce games a couple of times a week which I put on GN and I am often surprised at the number of people who respond. Some GN members say to me how much they enjoy them.

On the other hand I can fully appreciate how frustrating it must be to you GN members who have to sift through the games to find threads you enjoy.

I agree with you that it would be good to be able to turn off the Forums you don’t want, but from my experience the Techy part of GN work at a snail’s pace.

Let’s hope this issue can be resolved soon with us being able to pick and choose to suit our own interests.

I’m with you on this one.

tanith Sat 16-Feb-19 07:38:32

Riverwalk I feel your frustration, but I don’t know what else to suggest it seems to work for most people. You have to do each game individually but I’m guessing that is how you are trying to do it.

NanKate thanks for understanding how annoying it is for some of us it makes such a difference not to see them ?

Riverwalk Sat 16-Feb-19 07:40:36

Tanith it worked for me, thank goodness. It's Bluebelle who's having trouble!

tanith Sat 16-Feb-19 07:43:16

sorry Riverwalk it’s early don’t ya know ?

Pittcity Sat 16-Feb-19 08:57:48

Bluebelle once you've clicked Hide Discussion click on Active Discussions.
Don't use back arrows as they just take you back to the unchanged page.

POGS Wed 13-Mar-19 13:16:01

Is it me. (probably) ?

I managed to delete the games threads after following Pitticitys advice but I have tried today to delete more games threads by doing the exact same method and I can't see on the menu :-

' Hide this discussion ' confused

ninathenana Wed 13-Mar-19 13:25:48

Pogs
Hide this discussion is showing on the drop down for me today In fact I have used it twice today.
I'm using an Android phone.

NanaandGrampy Wed 13-Mar-19 16:41:22

Its been revolutionary for me --- I followed the advice and hid the games thread, I appreciate they are well loved and liked but they're not for me.

Now I just have to drop into mobile mode every few days and hide any new threads. It makes things so much easier !!

mcem Wed 13-Mar-19 17:50:25

Have also used it twice today.
Remember that when you scroll down and see either desktop or mobile that's the one you are choosing to move to. It isn't the one you're currently on.
Then open thread, click arrow, choose Hide Discussion.
It won't disappear immediately so go to "active" or "last hour", then back to where you were.
It does work, so please try again.

Tangerine Wed 13-Mar-19 19:44:30

The Games are my favourite part of Gransnet.

BlueBelle Wed 13-Mar-19 19:50:51

It was wonderful for me too Nanaandgrampy
Can’t bear then and eventually with a lot of help on here I got rid of them and now my list of threads is wonderfully free
Glad you like them Tangerine