Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Exercise today?

(37 Posts)
Riverwalk Sat 16-Feb-19 11:47:23

It's an overcast but mild day in London and earlier I virtuously took my wobbly bits on a 90 minute brisk walk.

I'm hoping not to be too slobby for the rest of the day!

Anyone else planning to get their bum in gear?

granfromafar Sat 16-Feb-19 16:42:09

Only a 20 mins walk to local shops for me but legs are aching from lots of walking around Rochester yesterday followed by dancing last night so don't feel too guilty. Hope to do more tomorrow if sun shines.

Grammaretto Sat 16-Feb-19 16:55:02

Can I join in this fit sounding thread please?
Not that I did any exercise today . I'm still recovering from my 4 mile walk yesterday after yoga class.
I must put aside time for walking and cycling now that it's a bit warmer.
I cleared the kitchen table and hung some washing on the line. Oh and walked around the garden and fell asleep on the couch

MissAdventure Sat 16-Feb-19 16:56:50

I walked around the town, bought some doughnuts home and have eaten two.

DanniRae Sat 16-Feb-19 17:07:40

I walked around our local park with my husband and the dog. No clue how far but met lots of other dog walkers and had lots of lovely chats grin

KatyK Sat 16-Feb-19 17:09:58

I walked along the canal towpath at the back of our house. Only for 20 minutes or so but at least it was something.

storynanny Sat 16-Feb-19 17:58:04

I decided to empty all of my wardrobes drawers etc and have a really good sort out of clothes as my exercise today
I put away all if my thickest winter coats hats scarves jumpers etc a nd got out some cooler things. Hope im not too premature!
Got one bag ready for the charity shop and tidy wardrobes!
I dont need to buy any more clothes for about ten years, especially knickers! I have enough pairs to go go on a 3 month cruise without going any where near a washing machine.

Day6 Sat 16-Feb-19 19:00:36

Plus I’ve just missed going to the gym - that’s 3 years in a row now ...

Urmstongran grin

Watching TV the other day some chap said he wasn't going to the gym any more as his favourite machine as broken.

Turns out he couldn't get a Mars Bar from the vending machine! grin

Seriously, we have been strolling about this afternoon, visiting a big antiques barn (second hand shop really) and a large garden centre. We walked a lot in both places but it wasn't very vigorous exercise. One good thing is that when we decided to have a cuppa in the garden centre cafe we were too late. It closed at 4pm. Saved us having a bit of cake too probably. Came home for tea and biscuits...(Should have been a glass of water and salad leaves given I need to lose weight, but that just isn't the way it works really...is it?)

Will try to get out every day. I think some movement is better than no movement.

M0nica Sat 16-Feb-19 19:13:06

Went to a meeting that, after a train ride, required a half mile walk there and back to the station

When I got to the station on the way back there was no train for 20 minutes and my Kindle had run out of battery so I spent the 20 minutes walking up an down the platform as it was a large mainline station, the platform was quite long. I managed 3 laps.

SueH49 Mon 25-Feb-19 05:19:00

Walking presents major issues for me as I have a dodgy ankle and arthritis ridden feet however today's exercise in 34C heat was 3/4 of an hour water walking (warm water) followed by an hour water exercise class targeting arthritic issues.
I'll do the same on Friday followed by a hour long GLA:D session (Good living Arthritis (Denmark) - a program which originated in Denmark in order to reduce knee and hip pain from arthritis and hopefully prevent or at least reduce the necessity for knee and hip replacement.

SalsaQueen Mon 25-Feb-19 22:06:57

I did an hour at Zumba this morning, then I washed the car this afternoon, and this evening I did an aerobics class. (I had done nothing over the weekend though)

BlueSapphire Tue 26-Feb-19 11:34:17

I have walked younger DGD to school this morning (about 15 minutes) and took the long way home, another 30 minutes. Have walked to and from hairdressers and this afternoon I shall walk to and from school again. Tomorrow will be similar, except it's book club in the morning and I shall get the bus there and walk back, about 40 minutes. I normally do two health walks a week and a yoga class but can't manage them this week because of the school run.