Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Stress Incontinence!

(31 Posts)
Evie64 Sun 14-Apr-19 01:05:10

The bain of my life, and sooooo embarrassing! I also have urine retention so that operation they offer with the "hammock" implanted is apparently not feasible in my case, plus I've heard some very bad reports about it. How does anyone else cope? My days of trampolining with the granddaughter are well and truly over!

Gonegirl Tue 16-Apr-19 16:34:58

<<<< faints>>>>

Gonegirl Tue 16-Apr-19 16:35:56

(Not meaning to make light of this)

GrandmaKT Wed 01-May-19 10:27:15

I had stress incontinence for several years. I attended the incontinence clinic and tried and tried the pelvic floor exercises to no great effect. I eventually had the mesh repair 11 years ago and I am one of the lucky ones as it completely solved the problem with no ill-effects whatsoever. Such a relief!
HOWEVER, I am now developing a prolapsed uterus. Those of you who have recommended the Hab-it DVD, I've looked on Amazon and it is £33, which seems very expensive for a DVD! Is it worth it?

Alexa Wed 01-May-19 10:37:32

I don't understand why vaginal plastic surgery isn't discussed more as an option to deal with stress incontinence. Years ago I was nursing on a gynaecology ward, and these operations were so successful and trouble free in sorting prolapse of the womb which can be the cause of stress incontinence.

Alexa Wed 01-May-19 10:44:54

www.uclh.nhs.uk/PandV/PIL/Patient%20information%20leaflets/Colporrhaphy.pdf