Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Eyebrows

(55 Posts)
Hymnbook Wed 03-Jul-19 20:20:43

I would like to know which products to use to make my sparse eyebrows thicker and darker.

chrissyh Sat 06-Jul-19 20:01:23

A few years ago, on Gransnet, somebody asked the same question and a few people recommended 'Wunderbrow'. I have used it ever since and it is the one thing in my makeup bag I wouldn't be without. It is waterproof, smudge-proof, transfer-proof fibre filler and lasts up to 3 days I started off with brunette but now have blonde as I don't like my eyebrows too dark.

Dollychops Sun 07-Jul-19 19:27:09

I tint mine every month and then drawer/shade in any patches with a grey and brown pencil. Makes a huge difference to your whole face.

Day6 Sun 07-Jul-19 19:46:34

Yes, apparently, the last third of the eyebrow often disappears for those who have hypothyroidism. I have it and have a few friends with it and it seems to be true!

I draw in my very thin eyebrows with a grey eye pencil. I am very fair skinned so brown or black are no-nos for me - far too striking, obvious and just wrong! I am so lacking in hair that I have never had thick eyebrows. Someone accused me once of shaving my arms because the hair is so fair and sparse.

Now I am older I have sparse brows, and noticed that unless I draw them in I look strange in photos! Not sure if the products mentioned would work for me or create too strong a brow definition.

The 'fat slug' look for brows seems to be over, thank goodness! grin

Alexa Sun 07-Jul-19 19:54:56

I have a few long strong hairs that I cut. I keep the brows well washed with soap and water then some nivea. I wipe them and paint on some wetted eye shadow using a best quality sable brush. I prefer Maybelline in a soft greyish taupe.

It's like using water colour paint. I think the effect is quite natural. At my age I aim simply to sort defects, not to look glamorous.