Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Keeping faith - recap!

(28 Posts)
Nannymags27 Mon 22-Jul-19 11:06:03

Enjoyed the last series but can’t remember what happened apart from the fact her husband went missing & then came back!! I watched a recap on the BBC site but still can’t figure out who’s who although I recognise the faces (it’s not just me, is it?!). Can someone tell me what happened & who & why? I want to enjoy the second series.

clementine Mon 29-Jul-19 18:25:31

I think the " nanny" was telling her he thought her friend was having an affair with the father in law.

Lisagran Thu 25-Jul-19 20:23:23

Treebee Thu 25-Jul-19 20:12:05

She’s a nutter isn’t she? Oh, and mutter gate raises its head again. The dialogue is so fast and under the breath. I kept rewinding one exchange but couldn’t work out what was said. It was after the father in law and Faith’s friend had left her house when Faith got in from work. Bloke looking after the kids said something to Faith and she had a shocked response.
Anyone know?

seacliff Thu 25-Jul-19 18:28:24

I think I was really gripped by the first series there was a proper story from the start. Suddenly for no reason she knew, her loving husband disappeared leaving her with young kids, and having to try and find him, and also manage her life/finances.

This time it is all so confusing and a bit boring. I may try one more episode.

ninathenana Thu 25-Jul-19 16:46:20

I watched the first episode of series 2 I'm wondering why I loved series 1 so much.

rockgran Thu 25-Jul-19 14:46:20

Enjoyed series one but just tried watching series 2 on iplayer- not keen. Gave up!

BradfordLass72 Wed 24-Jul-19 02:39:08

I haven't seen it but I certainly identify with not knowing who is who in movies and TV series.
I think it may be that the casting director goes for the same type of person for many characters. Dark haired men of equal size (so to speak) look so alike! smile

And as we get older, even though we may have no significant sight problems, differentiation between faces becomes more difficult.

Lisagran Tue 23-Jul-19 22:47:08

The whole of Series 2 is available on iPlayer wink

Luckygirl Tue 23-Jul-19 22:20:34

The film-makers are just trying too hard and it has not worked. Often happens when they try to milk a good series beyond its shelf-life. I won't be watching again.

seacliff Tue 23-Jul-19 21:54:46

I am not enjoying it so far, she is not very appealing to me for some reason.

Brunette10 Tue 23-Jul-19 21:32:23

Started watching this series once again and totally lost. Not sure what it’s all about. Too much for a beautiful summer’s evening. Sorry!

Luckygirl Tue 23-Jul-19 20:58:00

I too have an OH who remembers nothing of it. In fact we binge-watched it on catch-up in front of the log stove. Apparently it has been wiped from his mind!

I have re-read the catch-up as I wanted to explain it all to him, but it is so complex I do not want to further addle his poor brain!

GrandmaKT Tue 23-Jul-19 20:37:09

Like Nannymags I have watched the reminder of Series One and really could do with more of a 'nudge' to remember it all! (Better than DH who can't remember it at all - we watched every episode avidly!!)
I came back tonight to see if anyone had given a more comprehensive update, but it seems not. We'll have to muddle our way through Nannymags!

Pittcity Tue 23-Jul-19 20:09:19

I think we will be watching as DH can never follow subtitled programmes.

Grannyknot Tue 23-Jul-19 16:43:37

Pittcity I shall let you know (possibly 5 minutes of hair flicking and 5 minutes on her back!) grin

I'm sure it is better in Welsh.

Callistemon Tue 23-Jul-19 12:16:37

I didn't see the first series and wasn't sure whether to watch it on catch-up with sub-titles or not.

Incidentally, Eve Myles was not a Welsh speaker but learnt Welsh in a few months in order to take this part.

ninathenana Tue 23-Jul-19 11:40:40

Yes it dies Lisagran thanks. Will watch that later.
I eagerly await tonight too.

Lisagran Tue 23-Jul-19 09:29:46

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07h964t

Does this link work?

Can’t wait!

love0c Tue 23-Jul-19 09:12:02

Absolutely brilliant series!!! Can't wait for tonight!!!

Pittcity Tue 23-Jul-19 08:23:50

Do they just fill the extra ten minutes with Faith lying on her back? There was none of that in the Welsh version. The songs are also better in Welsh....the subtitles give you the words which are pertinent to the story.

Grannyknot Mon 22-Jul-19 19:29:07

I was just checking when Series 2 would start and came across this shock :

Each episode is filmed twice, once in Welsh and again in English. And it’s not just the languages that are different; the English BBC audience and the Welsh S4C audience see a whole different version of each episode. Because S4C has adverts, each Welsh episode is just 48 minutes, while BBC viewers get approximately 10 minutes of extra drama.

As a whole the two versions are tonally different,” added Myles. “We have two different editors and two different execs.

Un Bore Mercher and Keeping Faith are so distinct from one another, in fact, that scenes are reordered and the story itself plays out in a different order in each version, explained writer Matthew Hall

And in case you were wondering – no, the actors don’t get paid twice.

Calendargirl Mon 22-Jul-19 19:28:47

I gave up on it before the end. I found Faith rather irritating, tossing her hair about and she just annoyed me really.

Pittcity Mon 22-Jul-19 16:40:59

I watched the new series in Welsh (with subtitles) and a lot of what went on in series one is explained.

Nannymags27 Mon 22-Jul-19 16:30:33

Thanks. Didn’t work for me either! As I said, I’ve looked at the BBC iPlayer 3 minute recap but it’s still as clear as mud! Anybody else want to enlighten me?!

MiniMoon Mon 22-Jul-19 11:56:51

Sorry, don't think it did. Just Google Keeping Faith recap, and you'll find it.