Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What to send sister in hospital.

(7 Posts)
Ohmother Tue 23-Jul-19 09:38:22

My sister is in hospital after an emergency op. I can’t get go visit her at the moment and she’s feeling low so I’m wondering what I can send her to keep her spirits up? I could order it over the internet and have it delivered to her house for my BIL to take in.

winterwhite Tue 23-Jul-19 10:20:23

You don't say how long a stay, but perhaps ask BIL to get some nice soap and a lipstick and take them as from you, perhaps some chocolates if allowed and would be well received and a magazine that's good on jokes (The Oldie?)

harrigran Tue 23-Jul-19 16:20:56

When I went into hospital my sister gave me a cosmetic bag with a small pack of tissues, some facial wipes, a lip balm and hand cream. I found them very useful.

Ohmother Tue 23-Jul-19 16:55:33

Thank you winterwhite and Harrigran.

I rang her earlier and she agreed cool cotton nighties would be good as it was boiling on the ward. She will be in for some time yet.

BradfordLass72 Wed 24-Jul-19 08:59:52

I hope she gets well very soon - it's miserable being confined to hospital. flowers

Gaunt47 Wed 24-Jul-19 09:05:25

A floral essential oil (lavender?) to sprinkle on her pillow or to sniff when the ward gets a bit whiff-y. And lots of wet wipes!

Ohmother Wed 24-Jul-19 17:45:03

She’s got them today and texted a thank you for them. I told her when she’s wearing them look on them as a hug from me. ?