Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Other interesting sites.What sites do you enjoy when you have time or are bored.?

(34 Posts)
kircubbin2000 Fri 09-Aug-19 20:37:07

I'm stuck in the house today as we have a storm. I have spent time here and twitter and some health sites. Didn't feel like reading my novel today and am a bit bored. Nothing on tv either.?

lemongrove Sun 11-Aug-19 11:52:57

The news app, and also the photograph section there.
Fave game is Monument Valley 1 and 2 and all the add ons,
A brilliant game with lovely zen type music ( a logic game.)
Gardening sites and book reviews.

libra10 Sun 11-Aug-19 11:48:05

One of my favourite sites is the forum at moneysavingexpert.com.

It's not just about money, there are all sorts of subjects discussed, especially in 'The Arms', at the bottom of the page.

Definitely worth a look!

quizqueen Sun 11-Aug-19 11:42:43

You Tube for Ted lectures and lots of conspiracy stuff- love it.
mumsnet to see how ridiculous some people's lives are that they have to broadcast such mundane stuff on the internet such as they were disappointed with a child's party bag as no cake in it! (same here, I'm afraid, unless it's to just combat loneliness, that I can understand)
online newspapers
I'm also a member of lots of survey sites and earn lots of vouchers for taking them

Pagzy Sun 11-Aug-19 11:34:24

I also love scrabble Words with friends2 and Word Chums to play against other people.
Also Word Mocha And In Bloom to play solo.

Glammy57 Sun 11-Aug-19 11:11:06

Netflix
F.B - for discussions with friends who share my political views.
Ancestry
YouTube is a favourite!

Pittcity Sun 11-Aug-19 11:03:45

I am addicted to Ancestry!

giulia Sun 11-Aug-19 07:24:21

JIGIDI.COM Great for doing and creating jigsaw puzzles at all levels and on all subjects. You can also comment and you start up interesting long-distance aquaintancies world-wide with Others who have similar interests.

BlueBelle Sun 11-Aug-19 07:06:03

Words2 play against people all over and Words for friends (not only friends) solitaire
Played all sorts of games over the years
Need to find some new ones for the wee small hours

NanKate Sun 11-Aug-19 07:03:30

Netflix
Amazon Prime
Future Learn
FreeCell app
Tennistv
Eurosport
Very little housework is done here ?

cangran Sun 11-Aug-19 06:55:26

I follow groups of interest on Facebook - several local groups and a very useful group for uk Instant Pot users. I also like to see what Larry, the Downing Street cat, is saying on Twitter!

crazyH Sun 11-Aug-19 00:23:10

Scrabble on line - love it !

WOODMOUSE49 Sun 11-Aug-19 00:18:16

Youtube - craft ideas - I make fused glass - but then I get sidetracked.
iplayer - I record a lot for emergencies but then have to remember to watch before it expires. Still got Killing Eve 2 to watch - smile
Facebook - gardeners world + strictly
I've got Netflix
Games on GM always a favourite - esp limericks. tangerine agree about the disagreements wink

petra going to look at Quiz Up thanks

sharon103 Sat 10-Aug-19 22:01:17

Online Competition sites.

Floradora9 Sat 10-Aug-19 21:53:12

I have been enjoying listening to old Desert Island Disks on BBC Sounds ....some of them are really old but the castaways are interesting people . Listened to David Suchet to-day and learnt much more about him.

Septimia Sat 10-Aug-19 09:28:59

Solitaire, Mahjong and FutureLearn.

Genealogy sites can be addictive.

I also follow the blogs of various archaeological excavations when they're on.

petra Sat 10-Aug-19 09:05:28

As quizzing is something I really like: it's Quiz Up. You play against people from all over the world.
One night I spent 4 hrs playing against a girl in Romania.

BradfordLass72 Sat 10-Aug-19 08:51:56

FutureLearn which features free online courses in almost every subject you can think of.

My favourites are Forensic Science, History and Archeology.

I've probably taken about 30 courses on all manner of subjects.

I've also been a team member on Fun Trivia for over 15 years.
Always a good way of wasting a few minutes.

love0c Sat 10-Aug-19 08:46:37

Webcams, holidays and houses for sale!

Anja Sat 10-Aug-19 07:53:28

There are loads of great sites out there.

kircubbin2000 Sat 10-Aug-19 07:50:40

Duolingo can be good. Try a new language

GillT57 Fri 09-Aug-19 22:24:23

Solitaire on line is addictive. Dinner Ladies was one of the best written comedies/dramas for decades and didn't get the recognition it deserved, it was beautifully observed, gentle human behaviour, with a wonderful cast and some real laugh out loud moments. What a loss Victoria Wood was, a great talent.

EllanVannin Fri 09-Aug-19 22:21:46

I like Mahjong so I go on that site now and again.
Also back to the crime site which I joined in early 2012 but had a year break last year and when I get an idea about something I go back on the site/forum. I enjoy it as it's a true crime.

A couple of weeks ago I watched Dinner Ladies from start to finish taking up two nights on YouTube.

Tangerine Fri 09-Aug-19 22:04:34

Solitaire occasionally.

Mostly, the word games on Gransnet. Some people don't like them much but I really enjoy them. You certainly don't get big disagreements on them.

Minniemoo Fri 09-Aug-19 22:01:14

Candycrush, Mathchington Mansion and the mind numbing colouring in sites. Pixel Art or something. I do these when I can't sleep as a rule.

MiniMoon Fri 09-Aug-19 21:58:59

I'm a Scrabble fan too, I like solitaire also, it's quite addictive trying to beat my high scoreblush.
YouTube is fun for a while, and searching for crochet patterns takes up far too much time.