Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Hearing aids with trackers or trackers for hearing aids

(9 Posts)
GracesGranMK3 Fri 23-Aug-19 16:25:19

They have been brilliant in their searching but nothing has turned up. She has lived in the home for about 10 months so has done well by comparison to your poor friend shysal.

shysal Fri 23-Aug-19 16:17:15

A common problem. A friend has recently had to go into a residential home. Within the first week she/they had lost her hearing aid, spectacles and false teeth!

GracesGranMK3 Fri 23-Aug-19 15:30:48

Luckygirl, even if my mother could hear it she would not be able to join the dots, bless her. Thankfully it will be the lovely carers, or me if I'm there, who will find them for her. She is in blissful ignorance telling me that this is the first time this has happened.

Just found some trackable ones online but they are just under £3,000 for a pair. That's more than twice as much as her current ones. What if we still couldn't find them?

Luckygirl Fri 23-Aug-19 12:53:29

But if hearing aid was lost and it had a sound signal for the tracker, if you did not have your hearing aid in, you would not be able to hear it!! smile

kittylester Fri 23-Aug-19 12:36:22

Buy not flipping but!!

kittylester Fri 23-Aug-19 12:35:29

I know that you can but trackers for keys and specs but dont know if they are suitable for hearing aids. Try Unforgettable or a charity for the deaf.

GracesGranMK3 Fri 23-Aug-19 11:49:33

Thanks Septimia. I am sure it's very common so you would think someone would see a profit in making some way of tracking them.

Septimia Fri 23-Aug-19 11:42:48

Oh, I wish we'd had something like that for my FiL. He kept losing his, too, and we had to get replacements.

When he died, we found all the missing ones in various places around the house!

Sorry I can't help with finding a tracking system for them, but just wanted to say you're not alone with the problem.

GracesGranMK3 Fri 23-Aug-19 11:37:00

I am just about to get mum her 5th pair of hearing aids! Does anyone know of a tracking system or a company that makes them with a tracker?

Many thanks.