Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Perimenopause

(4 Posts)
Hermine1 Sat 14-Sep-19 08:43:23

When your periods started to become irregular what you get pain like period pains in between but without bleeding? Thanks

Fiachna50 Sat 14-Sep-19 09:36:26

I think if you are worried Hermine, I would go and see your doctor. You can get really weird period patterns. If there is pain that you are not sure about, best get it checked out. Don't worry as to be honest since menopause Ive never been away from the doctor/hospital with Gynaecological issues which thankfully, have turned out alright. It does not necessarily mean anything serious, but if you are worried get it checked out.

Tedber Sat 14-Sep-19 16:47:41

As previous said IF you are worried about anything- ask your GP. Not everyone has same menopause symptoms so there is no “normal” as such. I never even knew I was going through menopause- one month I had a period, next month it stopped - never to return! Friends described many different experiences. As you say from irregular to deminishing, from hot sweats to hallucinations! Just speak with the professionals is my advice too.

agnurse Sat 14-Sep-19 21:19:55

What you might do is track your cycle. If you notice these pains come at about the same amount of time prior to your period, they could be due to ovulation. Some women do get some cramping when they ovulate.